Jack and the second grade went to the children's theatre on a field trip last week. Luckily I have amazing friends that watched my little girls while I snuck away for the day.
Here's me and my group minus Easton who was back further on the bus. bobby, Elvis, jack and me
The theatre is in on state street in Murray. Never been there but beautiful. We had 6 -7 classes and filled every seat. The play was about the life of Benjamin Franklin. 3 actors told us his story and showed us and taught us about his inventions. I never knew he did so much! I loved how they would use one of his quotes and say " I should write that down" for instance "a penny saved is a penny earned". He started what we call a library, he's famous for the printing press, for learning and making things better as well as finding that lightning creates electricity.

I learned a lot. After we ate a picnic lunch at a park and then the kids got a long recess. As always it is so much fun spending one on one time with my kids at school and interacting with them and there friends and seeing first hand what they are learning. Jack is very affectionate and not afraid to give me a hug or kiss in front of his Friends and Is pretty well behaved compared to most second graders. Boys! I'm so glad I only have one.

2 comments:
Fun opportunity! Sounds like a great field trip for the kids, too.
This is the first year where I have been able to chaperone field trips. Before I never had any one to watch my littler kiddos (the problems with living far from family) but now I get to volunteer and I am loving it. Yay for boys who aren't embarrassed of their mommas, although I do wonder how much longer I have. Alex still kisses me about 5 times at the bus stop every morning and screams I love you mom as he gets on the bus every day. So far no one has teased him, but you know boys...I am sure it is coming.
Post a Comment