Friday, October 31, 2014

This is the place field trip











Here's a sneak peak of the teachers wish list board I got nominated to re-do for the Book Fair. It must be my "highly creative" talents. Thanks to Steph and Leslie for helping me with ideas it turned out great. 


Maddy and the 4th graders were so lucky to have two field trips in one week. First was the symphony @ bingham high school. She said she saw several of her neighbor friends there even though they go to different schools. I didn't get many details out of her except she enjoyed it. 

Two days later we loaded 2 buses and headed to this is the place park. Both mine and Maddys  firat visit. The weather was perfect and has been all month. The bus drive was awesome sitting by my little girl. 


While waiting to be directed Maddy and her friends posed for a picture. These girls are best of friends. B track has been so good to Madison she has really good friends. Emily-Sophie-Lauren -Adrienne -alli and Maddy. Some have moved in to our school from boundary changes and one switched from charter and some were friends from last year. 


Our first stop was hand carts. The pioneers could only have 10 pounds of belongings on the hand cart. They walked a couple blocks and even without weight it was a challenge for the kids to push up and down hills. 



'Next stop was the school house. Maddy was chosen to wear the dunce hat to show the group what would happen if they were naughty. I thought choosing maddy was very ironic since she has always received straight S's for satisfactory. She was a good sport. 

We also went to the black smith shop and learned that was one of the wealthiest occupations. It was fun to watch the blacksmith make a tool. 

Before riding the train we snapped a class picture. 



We enjoyed a picnic lunch. It was so fun to meet her friends and their moms who also came on the field trip. It is great to have older kids who know what is expected of them and they do it really without being asked-I'd like to be a 4th grader teacher-ESP w a class like a Maddy's. Mrs Gray is wonderful and a great teacher leader and example to my daughter and her class. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! I vaguely remember a field trip to the This is the Place Park when I was a kid (or maybe it was a family trip... or maybe I am just getting old and creating memories). Definitely looks like a fun group of kids! I am looking forward to seeing you all again in a couple weeks!

Julie L said...

Love the wish list board you made! Turned out super cute. We keep saying we need to get the family up to the This is the Place Park - maybe over Thanksgiving? Life just gets too crazy. It has been amazing weather. Looks like a super fun group of friends and a terrific day for all the kids.