Happy Birthday Jack!
Trip down memory lane mostly for me. I love seeing how they change each year.
Grampa and Grama Buddy flew up to Boise to be with Maddy. We went to the hospital to be induced @8. Dr West checked me and I was dilated to a 4, he said if I wasn't scheduled for an induction I would have been here soon enough because baby was coming.
Jack was born at 10:36pm weighing 7lbs 11 oz. & 21" I remember him going through the birth canal...the epidural wasn't turned up as much as I would have liked. It hurt!
BUT loved the ending that came of the birth.
A BOY!
I'll admit I wanted my 2nd baby to be a girl so Maddy could have a sister but Heavenly Father knew I needed a mellow boy after Mad Maddy. She's mellowed out a lot and he is a great middle child. So patient, and loving towards his sisters! He frequently asks for a baby brother also. One day you'll have brother in laws!
One day old
For the kids birthday cakes I try to pick a theme that goes along with what they are currently in to. Fun to see the changes in toys as the kids age also.
1st birthday
baseball cake
baseball cake
2
Thomas the train cake
Thomas the train cake
3
Race car
6
alien cake
7
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cake
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cake
8
race track
he wasn't into cars but was appropriate for 8th birthday
9
I finally did a Mine Craft cake for my Mine Craft boy.
When I asked Jack what he wanted for his birthday all he would say is an x-box (same wish for Christmas). Lincoln has an x-box so what's the point in that present--he is almost always at Lincoln's house and on the x-box!
I made a square cake, layered the sides with chocolate icing. Bought a grass tip and made the top grass. I honestly do not know anything about mine craft except you build things in squares. BUT this was super easy and delish! I made the cake that afternoon and it was so moist and yummy.
Rewind his birthday! I asked what he wanted for breakfast and lunch (didn't give him an option for dinner because he had a game and knew we'd be eating on the run). Donuts and school lunch because he was a lunch worker and got free lunch for helping. I still owe him a Subway--what he wanted!
After school, we ate a quick dinner and then headed to the ball park for a baseball game.
The game was so close and they ended up loosing in the bottom of the inning because the other team had last up to bats. He was the final pitcher, had 2 outs and they got 2 runs to win the game. We were so happy to have lots of family to cheer him on. Thanks for coming to the game! The weather even cooperated. Grampa Buddy bought Jack a new bat and he hit a triple! Not a bad birthday if you ask me!
After the game, we came home and had cake and ice-cream and presents.
Here's Jack and his mine craft cake! I did go buy a creeper and dynamite toy for the top of the cake.
We were lucky to have lots of family come to his party. Didn't get a picture of Brent (who left early) and Julie and the cousins. Really I only got 4 pictures of family that came!
It was time for candles and cake. Oops I stopped at the candle section at the store and forgot to buy them. Found the grass tip and got excited and forgot about the candles. BUT had some candles at home and Jack is so easy going he didn't care one bit!
Mike took lots of pictures of Jack blowing out the candles. Love all of them!
Phew he did it! After cake we opened presents. He had been wondering all day what was in them!
He was so excited to have Mario Kart 7 for his 3DS. Thanks Julie!
New head phones.
His wish was for a kin da ma. Or however you spell it! It's a toy that has a ball you throw and try to get the ball on the spindle.
Remote control Helicopter. New batting gloves because Maddy lost his. Clothes from Grammie and Mom.
And a big box! Which is a basketball game for the basement!
When i tucked Jack into bed, he said it was the best birthday ever. He enjoyed going to school and being the spotlight, playing baseball and of course getting presents! His friend birthday party was this year also. I gave him lots to choose from and he choose to go see the movie Home with some friends.
We had cupcakes and he got to blow out 9 candles again for his party.
Jayda, Jackson, Lincoln, Jack and Ryan
He got two guns one from Ryan and one from Jackson that was perfect to play with. A Walmart gift card and candy and a DS game from Lincoln.
I left Maddy at home with the girls and headed to the movie with the group. They laughed and laughed and laughed. I even cried! These cartoons get the emotions out of me, but then again I cry easily! Cute movie. They had treats and popcorn and drinks and a great afternoon.
Happy Birthday Jack!
9 reasons I love you
1. good eater--he always says thanks for the delicious food mom and eats even if he doesn't like it
2. confident--hates to loose
3. friendly
4. always on the go
5. polite
6. helper
7. he has a little bit of Great Grandpa Perri in him--he loves to keep things and has his "hordes" of stuff that is special to him. I call it garbage but to him it may come in handy one day. He has found that he can clean up his room really fast if he hides things instead of putting them away. DRIVES ME CRAZY! but isn't he smart
8. smart. loves math. loves turtles. learning to enjoy reading
9. fast



































No comments:
Post a Comment