Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Tulip Festival

Jack is playing accelerated ball which means he plays 2 games on Saturday's some are at home at the Ron Wood Complex where he normally plays but some Saturday's we travel to play ball. His away game was in Highland. We decided to hit the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point before the game and kill two birds with one stone! Sad we literally ran through the festival but so glad we stopped to see the flowers.

The winter was so warm that most of the tulips came early--like 2 weeks before the festival even started. BUT we still saw lots and lots of blooms. They have a photo contest so we took lots of pictures to enter the contest but only to find out the contest is already in progress and I just uploaded these today. Dang! Last year Julie won with one of her pictures a free membership. The kids can even enter. So there are lots o pictures from Mike, and me and the kids!

Either way they show off the beautiful spring colors and tulips that I love. Tulips are one of my favorite flowers. Hard to choose a favorite because I love all flowers!

#tuliperfection @thanksgivingpoint






We also had 2 extra's with us. Ashlyn and Karsyn. Bill and Kamryn were at Lagoon and Stephanie had school. We loved having them come along with us.

Maddy's pictures of the bees and flowers




Kids in the rose gardens

Lexi took the orange and yellow and red tulip pictures













I believe these are Jack's pictures. And Lilly took a couple too.























I love the tulips along the walk ways. So thick and with different colors and heights.














 Nice picture Jack! 
 We quickly left the Gardens after exiting through the mud and stopping to clean up Karsyn (my bad I choose a short cut it had been raining through the week so the mud was out), we drove to Highland for Jack's games.



 There was a park but Bill came and took the kids back to his house. The kids really come to just eat anyways and play not really watch much of the game! But so glad they went back the rain came, the thunder came and the snow on the mountain behind us.



The first game was called because the thunder came after it had been raining. So we paused to see if the thunder would go away for the 2nd game. It rained. It kindof let up but the boys were already soaked from the first game.  I only brought one sweatshirt for Jack and it was soaked. BUT I did have one of Lexi's in the car. He didn't care, he wore it--anything to stay warm he was so wet! Spring ball can be rough! Brent and Julie were smart and warmed up in the car between games.


 This is me huddled under my red umbrella watching Jack pitch trying to stay warm! I had two blankets on me and my coat. It was so cold!



After the game we got Jack a hot dog and hot chocolate and tried to warm him up. He was so muddy also! We went to Bill and Steph's and enjoyed pizza and then headed home later that night! Crazy spring baseball weather!

1 comment:

Seth and Julie said...

Which pics did you submit? Some of the ones with the red and orange tulips look altered. They look like cartoon flowers. Did you modify them or is that how they really looked. Super cool!