Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wheeler Farm

Lexi had her first Kindergarten field trip in April. We went to Wheeler Farm. I told her I could let one of the other parents go because they only needed 5 from the class but no way she wanted me there and I guess I was needed because I was accepted even when I registered late hoping my spot would be filled. But to my delight, parents were not allowed on the bus (it always gives me a head ache). I hitched a ride with some other moms and had more fun then if I was on the bus anyways. Win Win for both Lexi and I!

The weather was really nice. A light jacket for the bus but then we all took them off to walk around the farm. This was my group. The Orange group.  Payten (Lexi's cousin), Adi, Wyatt (hiding),  Lexi and Greg.



We enjoyed a guided tour of the farm with a tour guide which included a wagon ride, we turned milk into butter, saw horses, cows, pigs, goats, bunny's, chickens, turkeys, birds, geese and lots of new baby animals, enjoyed a snack, and had a great time!
This was Lexi's first time on a a school bus and she was almost excited about a bus ride as she was her first field trip! With permitting to Elk Meadows, we lost our school bus even though we live more than 1.5 miles away. Bummer for no bus but yay for being at the school we love. And driving the kids has been not that bad anyway--gave us 10 extra minutes to get ready and with 3 kids in school and lunches I can always use the extra time.
We met the kids back at the school and headed home to get Lilly from a friend who was watching her. Such a fun day. Really enjoyed having a guided tour of the farm.

No comments: