Mike is training for Ragnar which is coming up in a week and wanted to get a long run in. He ran and met us at Wheeler Farms and then we all ventured up to the Holladay Cemetery. While he was running we spent an hour at jump n bounce.
I won a month's family pass to jump n bounce for putting a comment on their website. Easiest free month's pass I've ever had. Mike thought I was crazy to redeem the pass when I did because we were in the middle of ball season but it turned out just great. We had so so so much rain in May, we were able to go to jump n bounce regularly. In fact, the people knew my kids when we walked in and didn't even ask to see our pass. It was a great month, the pass expired the day before we went back to school from track break so we were also able to use it off track. Win Win! Thanks Jump n Bounce!!
While at Wheeler Farm, we visited the out house. I tried to show the kids the out house but Lilly wanted nothing to do with it. At least I had 3 others that were willing to see it.
Here we are at my mom's grave. It was so green from all the May rain. We even scored cookies and hot dogs and drinks while here.
We also visited Grandpa's grave. Grandpa would have loved the kids silly faces while visiting him. We sure miss him. After we enjoyed lunch at Bill & Steph's before Mike and Maddy and Jack went to the Bee's game.
While on track break, the sun finally came out and these two thought it was HOT enough to run through the sprinklers.Jack wanted his picture taken of his fruit creations. And one of his sisters took the picture, I think Lexi.
Our track break was 10 days. We played lots with friends and family during that 10 days. Day 1 we went to the splash pad. We enjoyed lunch and lots of sunshine. And came home a little sun burned. I forgot Lilly's shoulders. And then forgot them the next day also. Eek!
Can you believe it we have lived in this house 5 years and called West Jordan home. It is definitely home to us. We love our friends, our neighborhood, our ward and I especially love the proximity to so many stores out on the west side! East side/West side no problem.
We also made a family trip day to the zoo and then stopped to see Grammie before heading home to a softball game. We had a great day and the temperature was just right not hot enough to melt you and no jackets needed.
We always love the bird show. They've changed it just a little bit to incorporate the dinosaur theme but still its a favorite thing to do in the summer.
We even got to pet a turtle. Jack was in heaven, he loves turtles, Love the expression on Lilly's face. She isn't so sure she wants to touch this. She isn't an up close and personal animal fan. In fact bugs are making her crazy this spring. An ant, a roley poley, nats, fly's, bees she screams like she is hurt. It's kindof funny but sometimes makes me crazy. Hopefully she'll adjust to bugs soon because fact is they are everywhere girl!
I bribed Lexi and told her if she got a hit at her game, I'd take her for icecream. She doubled my expectations and got 2 hits that night (one for each time she got up to bat), so after the game we went to Culvers and she got a double scoop sundae!! She said Mom I decided not to be afraid of the ball and hit it. And has been the last week and a half. Finally!! I knew she could hit all along she just some reason got it in her head she was going to get hit by the ball and of course never did.
I also won a free entry into the SO JO marathon that I ran 2 years ago. I guess this means that I need to start seriously running again. I'm kindof excited to. I just wish I had a good friend to run with again. It made it so easy. I tried to talk my friends into it...still working on them!
Another day at the park with friends. These sweet girls made a trail out of pine cones and leaves and rocks. It was so cute! All of their names start with the letter A!
And more jump n bounce photos.
I wanted a fun shot of the kids at jump n bounce and this was the reaction I got from my 3 year old who isn't' taking naps anymore. Oh has she been cranky and really just needs a nap but she won't go to bed and I'd rather have her go to bed early then be awake at 10:30pm when I have my me time. It's always a hard transition out of naps and the 6 o'clock naps are a regular around here because she is so tired!
But I brought her down and she was happy. Even gave me a thumbs up that she loved the place. She loved the pass probably the most and was always asking if we could go to jump n bounce. She can climb in all but 1 jump house, I'm sure next time we go she'll be able to climb in with no problems.
We played a lot of ball also during track break which not having to wake up early after late night games was a win win. We also visited Grammie, fed the ducks, and really just enjoyed a break. I was worried it was be hard to go back to school especially when our neighbors were officially on summer vacation fingers crossed the next 2.5 weeks will go fast. The kids are very excited. Testing is done and really it is just a fun time for school. We got D track next year so we have July and most of August off before we head back to school, it will be plenty of summer vacation to still squeeze in all we'd like to do in addition to more ball. Jack made the All Star's and Maddy is signed up for another round of softball. Yay!!

1 comment:
I always think I would hate year round school, especially in Wisconsin since it is only warm 3 months a year and I want to enjoy it. But, in some ways it looks fun to play hard for a few days and then go back to the daily grind. I love the Culver's shot! I keep forgetting Culver's in in Utah now. You know that's a Wisconsin born restaurant, right? We have them on every corner and I love the place. I think it kicks In n Out in the butt, which is an opinions that is not appreciated by my California family. Anyway, you really crammed a lot of goodness into the break! How do they like school in summer? I guess in some ways it would be really nice to go to school without bundling up.
Post a Comment