Sunday, November 1, 2015

Lots of October photos

Everything appeared in random order and I am too lazy to group them. So here's lots of random photos from October. I forget how fun this month is and how much we eat! 

Julie put together a cousin Halloween party. Here are the kids eating donuts on a string.



I love how Luke finally just grabbed the donut when he wanted to eat it! Brilliant! 






 We've enjoyed lots of park time this fall. Here Jack and Lexi are relaxing at the wooden West Jordan park.
 Yard work. I bribed/paid/child labored for help cleaning up the yard. Without Maddy and Jack's help I would still be cleaning up. I paid $4 an hour, but it was worth every dollar spent. Even Lexi earned some money. When we still had lots of waste to go in a can and garbage day was the next day, Jack volunteered to smash down the garbage. Cutest garbage boy ever!
 Lilly was a ballerina for Halloween. I was all about going with costumes that I had on had this year. Lucky for me she was delighted to be a ballerina but now is asking daily when it is her turn to go to ballet class! I am not sure she can join in January or if she'll have to wait to fall. We'll see. BUT I think she's adorable, love her little foot that is turned to the side.
 FHE carving pumpkins. We grew 16 pumpkins this year and set them all out on the porch, one day I noticed several were missing. 8 in fact. We've had lot of theft in the neighborhood lately, but pumpkins! That is just rude. At least we were still able to enjoy carving. Lexi carved our giant one, Maddy carved the mustache tall one, Jack carved the pumpkin stuck in the tomato cage and Lilly the baby pumpkin. Maddy even sifted through the pumpkin gut and roasted cinnamon seeds. I really don't like carving pumpkins but the mess wasn't that bad this year! I guess having older kids helps.
 Some yummy food from the party Julie hosted. Here's our bloody fingers aka hotdog.
 Steph made spider ice cubs and jello. Dang Orange jello is yummy! I should make jello more, I really loved it and so did the kids.

 Here's Jack chowing down on the feast we enjoyed. And of course Julie and Brent topped the night of with a book and Halloween trinkets and goodies.



 Happy birthday Julie! They are always so generous and treated us to dinner at Harvest restaurant at Thanksgiving Point. Here's a picture with the local grand-kids. She is missing 5 that live in Maryland. We missed Sean and Linzy and also Dan at dinner. We even had an extra at dinner. Well an extra for a week.


 Here she is finally chowing down for dinner. She went 2 days without eating much but finally got an appetite. I hope she enjoyed her stay with us and will come back. We love Blakelee, Lilly esp loved having someone to play with when the kids were at school. Here she is throwing a little pout. It was too cute to not take a picture of. She has lots of attention from her momma but soon enough a new baby will take away some of it. We love this girl and had a great week with her while her parents were in Hawaii.

THRILLER!
We were so lucky to have scored some tickets to Thriller with our friends who's cousins dance in Thriller. This is Megan with Lexi, Ally, Macey, and Maddy. 
 When we arrived the zombie's were out front greeting us. This is another cousin Amber, she has a double jointed arm that is even better than mine!



 When Camille asked me if I wanted to come, I really wanted to take Lexi because she is in ballet class but I was worried it might be too much for her (although this girl never gets scared of anything), Camille was so generous and told me to bring both girls. It was a first for Maddy and Lexi--I even think Maddy was more scared of the zombie's then lexi was. It was such a fun date with my girls. Later we went to Brick Oven for dinner.


Thank you Camille for the invite and a great afternoon out!
 Another October favorite is the Witches at Garner Village. We were off track and invited anyone who wanted to join us to come. We got some neighbors that joined in on our scavenger hunt and fun. Lexi, Eleanor, Abby, Lilly, Maddy, Little Maddy

 Here are the girls feeding the ducks at the pond.
 And somehow we convinced the "cool" kids aka Jack and Ryan to get in a photo with the witch and girls. They put up a lot with us mom's always wanting a picture.
 We hunted around the village for witches and then our prize was a chocolate chip cookie from the bakery. It was a fun filled afternoon and HOT!



 For FHE Lexi taught us how to make kitty cats like she made at school.
 Cousin Paizlie had a birthday party at a jump house. We were off track so we made the trip to Logan to celebrate. It was so much fun. Giant trampolines, rope swings, foam pits, couches to rest on, fans to cool off in, pizza to eat and yummy cupcakes!






More park fun. This time at the zipline park in Daybreak. Another gorgeous day. I remember being in a black shirt and sweating it was so warm! Love these fall temps. 70-80' is pure bliss.




More fun with Bridget and Audrey at Cornbelly's.
Hike with friends during Fall Break. This is where Jack fell down and broke his crown. Luckily his head didn't crack open, I heard it made quite the impact. He did get nasty scratches on his legs and his hands were really scratched up. He toughed it out and even played the afternoon away.


This is where Jack fell. The kid climbed up here and coming down it was quite step. Ouch!

And another out of order photo, this is the group before hiking.

Loved the crunching leaves as we hiked. The end was a water fall and boy did the temperature drop as we got to the cave.


We stopped by Gramas house on the way to the zoo to grab a couple things and see how things were. Empty. Nothing inside. My parents built this house, it is for sale and Wander lane will be missed as is Grams.



More Cornbelly fun, this time seeing monkeys that are trained to do tricks.



Halloween parade at the school. Maddy and BF Alli dressed up as grandparents for Halloween. We are technically off track but Alli wanted Maddy to come and walk with her. They were a hoot! They had the walk and the talk down.

Lilly, Lexi and Layla after the parade

After the parade, we went to IHOP for free scary face pancakes. I splurged and bought a side for the kids since they hadn't eaten breakfast and it was lunch time. It was yummy and we got right in even if we went to Sandy for food.



Later that day we were headed to the care center to trick or treat. Here's the kids all dressed up! The care center people got  a kick out of Madison's costume.
After trick or treating, Lilly came home to look at the goodies. She organized them in a circle and layed them all out.
Here's the kids and some adults and our wards trunk or treat that was on Oct 30. Good looking bunch of kids. Thanks Kara and Camille for the photos. I was at the car wash cleaning up chili. I put the crock pot of chili in the van, told Jack to "hold on to it", ran inside to get the candy and in the mean time, he picked it up and spilled the chili all over. Not the best day ever and I still haven't looked to see how it cleaned up. It was dark and cold and I was done. I should probably look at it but I'm afraid I'll hurt someone. I apologized later to Jack afterall it's just chili even if I didn't get a bite to eat.










and then some photos from our party 















 As always I love the creativity of our friends. It was a fun night. We enjoyed pizza, salad, soda pop desserts and lots of laughs! We missed those that couldn't' come and a big thanks to Mike for making the invites otherwise I'm not sure I would have done the party. It has been a busy month.

I finished Lexi and Lilly's room makeover, in addition to painting furniture and rearranging the house and selling things and being busy in general.  And another big thanks to Mike for hanging the dots in the room and to Rachel for cutting the dots. I love how it turned out! Mike is very precise and we measured the dots by taping them on the wall with string and then every 2 feet. It was quite the process.


 Here's the finished project with my mom's ballet shoes in the corner.

 Look very close, it hasn't even been a month since the room has been complete and Lilly has already marked her spot! Rrr, this is a first for her. KIDS!


And one more video, after trick or treating, Lilly got tired so we headed home to greet the trick or treaters. She loved handing out the candy. Here's a video of her on her way to the door.

And that's a wrap. Here's to a quiter November. I doubt it but maybe.

2 comments:

Julie L said...

Fun, fun, fun! You know how to make memories, for sure! Loved the falling ballerina movie, and have been worried about Jack burning his hand on the pot of chili (because he told me that's why he dropped it. I assume the hand survived, even if the van didn't.) Thanks for taking the time to share these with us. Love you all, and loved getting to spend at least a few of those memories together. Wish this Grandma wasn't working so I could go play with the grandlittles more often!

Seth and Julie said...

We also did the Back to the Future thing this year. Seth was Marty, I was Jennifer, and Alex was Doc Brown. I like that you made that into your party theme. The new room is really pretty too and I love the framed ballet shoes. How sweet!