Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Thankful thinking part I

It's finally November. The last week of october dragged. I like Halloween but it felt over kill this year. Kids are off track ten more days. I like year round but 4 weeks is a long break. Alas here is my thankful thinking for today.

1. Prior to going to church all I could think about was how "thankful"I was for my kids. Friday I cleaned up an entire crock pot of chili in my car that Jack spilled. Every.where. Later that night Lilly threw up what looked like chili and it also got every.where! Lilly got highly creative and colored red crayon on the door jam, the door, her new blue wall and the bunk bed ladder. I was up til who knows when praying for Maddy who wasn't on her routine and wouldn't or couldn't go to sleep. Lexi decided during the sacrament that she was hungry and instead of grabbing one piece of bread grabbed lots! And then said it was an accident. So yes my thankful post was really a sarcastic one. But at church today I realized, I agreed to come to this life to be tested.  And this maybe my simple test right now - they may be overwhelming at times. Come what may and love it! And a quote for the day
"Great opportunities to help others seldom come. But small ones surround us every day." Sally Koch. 


2. I love these people. Tonight we went to the grizzles hockey game. We bought tickets towards a puck which during half time we threw on the ice. Kids loved seeing Grizz and getting there pics taken with him. We brought Halloween candy and had a great night for FHE.


3. I'm thankful for early morning exercise. My friend Emily worked us this morning.


4. I'm thankful for 3 little girls. Today we went to the American Girl store - they have a small trial holiday shop with a beauty parlor in it. We had 3 dolls that desperately needed hair help. Go figure they only use water to brush the dolls hair and a metal brush. Here's the befor picture. This one wasn't too bad, Alexis needed a before and after photo but didn't get one. It was awful!!
These are technically Maddy's AG dolls. Lilly claims the little one which is fine with me. Lexi wants one but they are pricey. I'm glad Grandma bought the ones we have! 




5. I'm thankful for wonderful extended family. I was invited to attend a baby shower for Tonya and baby girl due next week. Dinner was yummy and the company was fabulous.


6. I love living in Utah where we have 4 seasons. Even if one of those seasons is snow! It's coming. Ready or not!!
Mike braves the weather and took the scouts to Woodland for a camp out. But needed someone to fill in for him at a daddy daughter date for activity days. Grandpa brought her a sparkly rose and even wore a festival shirt. They had dinner, square danced and played games. She really enjoyed being there with her Grandpa and He suspect he had a great time also. 


7. I didn't tell the kids where we were going but to come with me. Normally we go to the pediatrician and get the flu mist but it isn't available yet but I wanted to get it. Lexi figured out what we were doing and jumped right up to go first. She didn't even cry. Reminded me a lot of when she got her ears pierced. Next went Lilly she almost made it with out crying. The oldest were huddled in the corner. Jack finally came out and decided it wasn't that bad but we couldn't get Maddy to move. So I sat on her, the nurse held her down and another nurse gave her the shot. It was quite comical but we all survived!


8. I'm thankful for being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Lots of controversy this weekend with children of gay families not being allowed to be baptized until they're 18. 

Nicholas Wekluk was baptized and confirmed a member of the church and it was so species. So grateful for this influence on my life.


9. No school today. Last day of track break. We had plans to go to classic skating but poor Lilly threw up and the Wakleys still had the bug also. Jack would be the following night. Kids did pretty good but definitely are ready to go back to school.


10.
Leftover minestrone soup in gramas dish. Found out Mike isn't a fan, Lexi as usual wouldn't even take one bite but Jack and I gobbled it up. I'm grateful for leftovers. They can eat top ramen tomorrow! 

No comments: