Saturday, December 19, 2015

Thankful Thinking Part III



21. I'm thankful for lazy Saturday's. Kid snuggles, a movie, a good book and dinner cooking in the crock pot.
22. I'm grateful for dessert. Not sure why he is so flat! Except that I had 4 helpers, The batter was so runny and then the cake was flat and heavy. Oh well he's cute and we had a wonderful time making and decorating it. 
23. I'm grateful for cousins! Loved mine growing up and especially love all the cousins my kids have. Sunday dinners are always a hit! 
And check out Alexis Turkey leg. She ate most of it! For a picky eater she sure enjoyed it.

I however only expect her to eat a roll and turkey leg and lots of whip cream on her pumpkin pie! Gonna miss out this thanksgiving making memories. Special thanks to my family for filling in for Mike and I while we are gone.

24. I just love the cute crafts that the kids do at school. Lexi had her Thanksgiving feast at school today.


25. It's not often we get to travel alone let alone travel. We were lucky enough to go away two times without kids this year.
 BUT our luck ran out. The captains seat belt was broken and to fix it would cost us to miss our connecting flight in Denver. United rescheduled our flight to leave Salt Lake @ 5 (we've already been at the airport since 11), land in San Francisco and then head to Cancun @10pm.
 We saw 12 dogs at the airport. What?? I didn't know you could travel with your pet.
And yes this is about what I looked like after being awake for 36 hours! 


26. We arrived in Cancun at 6am Thanksgiving morning. And on maybe 2 hours of sleep.

But the view didn't disappoint, nor did the warm sunshine. I'm thankful for food! We enjoyed lots of it. We stayed at the Moon Palace an all inclusive resort which means that food is and was always available. Even when it was on the run.
 I missed a picture of the chef running behind the Turkey with a knife in her hand.



27. I'm thankful for my genes. My mother is Italian. My dad is cute:)  I inherited the best of both worlds (with the exception of too many eyebrows). I tan easily although along with that comes freckles. BUT a day in the sun, a little vitamin D and I'm a new woman! We spent the day enjoying the sun and of course food also. Brody also inherited the dark skin, Chad got the cute and freckled genes!










28. My precious little ones were taken well care of while we were on vacation. Here are some of the fun festivities they enjoyed. Lexi and Lilly went to Mike's brother & sister in laws house. They had non stop fun with cousins that are their age and then some others to add to the group. I'm so thankful for their willingness to help out with my kids while we were gone.
It even snowed. a little while we were gone. they couldn't have been more thrilled! 


29. And the big kids also had a great time, even if that included reading while waiting for Thanksgiving Dinner. Maddy & Anna are the same age and really got to know each other this weekend and found out they have lots in common. I'm thankful they worked with Maddy with her sleeping issues. Gary was so worried she wouldn't sleep, but Bridgit handled it like a pro. I should take pointers from her!
Jack was so excited to go and have brothers, 2 of them, for a week also. Nick and Gavin and Jack got a long great and did all things boys! 
They played at Classic Skating with Whitelock cousins. It was the best weekend ever. They're already asking when we are going away again. I'm so thankful for family helping when I was gone. I'm up next for their getaways! 

30. The end of the month I can't help but be grateful for a wonderful 4 days in sunny Cancun with mi familia! I love these brothers of mine.

 For My Dad (And Tif) for always taking us across the globe to explore and travel,
 for raising me in the gospel, for teaching me to love, for teaching me to be highly creative, for shooting free throws with me in the barn, for endless love and especially for your green eyes!

 For my husband

he is always willing to come along for the ride. With whatever crazy idea i come up with or follow along on (i'm wanting to do Disney cruise).  I'm grateful for a step-mom who is a wonderful mother, grandmother and friend. She fills her role perfectly. I'm especially grateful for 2 sister in laws! Especially so Brody isn't alone on all of our adventures!











No comments: