Valentine's Week. We went back to school. 2 kids made Valentine Boxes, I somehow made it to all 3 parties at school and we are on sugar overload again. Easter is only 39 days away also.
Here are some photos of the kids the week of Valentine's Day.
Maddy also did her box all by herself. She is highly creative! She is very excited to do choir. She made it all week (Jack was too tired and missed the first week). Our neighbor moved away so we are not doing neighborhood gymnastics anymore. We already miss it. She even asked if we could sign her up for lessons. I'm not so sure it'll fit in the schedule with softball starting soon.
Her class theme is the Pirates and they made cute Pirate Valentine Bags at school. She also made a little mail box for her v-day school party.
I didn't help at Lilly's party because I was volunteering at the Elementary but she had a blast and now knows what "love" day is. She asked Mike if he would pick her up from preschool, because all the other kids Dad's pick them up from school. Lol. The little things kids pick up from at school. Mrs. Donna got a kick out of that! Lillyloves preschool and especially looks forward to show and tell on Thursdays! She is even getting good at writing her name. She has 3 L's and 2 I's
Not that we needed more sugar, but it is always fun to make sugar cookies especially on Valentine's Day. Lilly is always the first to volunteer to help me in the kitchen. She's a good helper also.
I also did the heart attack on their doors. I get requests for it so I guess it is a new tradition! And if I miss a night, they ask me to do 2 to make up for the miss.
Valentine's Eve, if that's such a thing, I made these extra heart (since I saved last years nightly hearts and put them on the doors).
This year I was even lucky enough to get 3 Valentine's.
We attended a Valentine's party do you know the lyrics. Can you guess what song I am singing? Mike's is quite entertaining.
IntelliBED was hosting a half time give a way bed at the Grizzley Game on President's Day, kids didn't have school so we went to cheer on the Grizz. Finally a win! It was a fun game 5-1! We had seats next to the goal so we saw lots of action. They did a bed race, contestants started at one end and raced to the other.
Happy Birthday Dad!
Grandpa had his birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheeses. Beckett and Sawyer were sick with HFM but cousin Brad's kids came to play and celebrate with Steve. It was fun for Maddy and Savanna to hang out, Jack and Jackson, Lilly and Olivia. Lexi wet her pants but still had tons of fun. This girl! She holds it too long and then can't hold it anymore. Oh well. She did ask where Peyton was (her cousins friend). We all had tons of fun and enjoyed these mini cakes, salad bar and pizza and lots of tokens and dancing.
And some more making cookies pictures.
We showed up at dinner and this is Lilly's outfit. Notice the flower socks and princess shoes, crown and blue dress. She is a princess for sure! Love this little fashion statement. She also wore the dress and crown to work Wednesday. Dang the socks were dirty.
We enjoyed sunday ribs, rolls and cheesecake pie for dinner. Jack asked why I don't cook ribs...they are a family favorite. To be honest, they are one of those foods I'm scared of cooking because I don't know how to! Gravy is another. Lol. After dinner, Grandma Great gave the kids a valentine. And because I don't have enough pictures of just her and the kids (I've found this out working on my scrapbooks this January/February--I'm getting closer to getting caught back up. Girls are all done just need to do Jack's now!!) So I snapped one of each as they got their valentines.
And then we did a group shot. Missing lots of cousins but got the cousins that were at dinner.
And then a group one with Bill and Mike. Geez, Mike you look taller than Bill :)
So grateful for a fun Valentine's Day Sunday dinner get-to-gether. Thankful for Julie doing all the cooking so we can see each other at least once a month. After church, that is the question of the day. Where are we going to dinner? I'll admit it's a favorite of mine too.
And last weekend for basketball. I really wish it were a couple weeks longer. It is always fun to watch the kids improve over the year. This year, both kids were on a good team and had some wins and some losses.
jack playing ball
maddy playing ball
I'm slowly getting caught up on my #projectlife aka scrapbooking. Oh how I've missed it. I've missed looking through pictures and remembering the things we've done. Mike joes every year is the same. Cornbellys. Birthdays. Christmas. But little changes are there if you look hard. And I love spying the kids go through their books. Girls are all caught up. Jack is next. I was 3 years behind on everyone so I wasn't starting from scratch.








2 comments:
Love you all so much! Thanks for taking the time to share your lives with us. I'm very impressed with the talents of each of those grandkids of ours! Sad we missed their last games but so glad we got to be with you for Valentine's day.
My kids have never had to make a Valentine box to take to school. They always do it there, but I kind of like this idea of bringing your own custom made box. Also, those pics of the kids making sugar cookies look like they belong in a magazine. So cute!
I have always wanted to try Project Life. Do you do the one pic a day or just do your own thing with it?
Post a Comment