Sunday, March 13, 2016

Saturday Fun

Mike had baseball signups all day Saturday ( a couple weeks ago 2/24) so the kids and I went to the Safe Kids Fair at the South Towne Expo Center. I wasn't sure we would stay, parking was insane! I followed a lady to her car and someone tried to take it from me (jerk) but we snuck in before him. The event is free and teaches kids (and adults) about safety. The kids evacuated a school bus, watched and learned about fire safety and how to be safe in a fire and how to escape a fire, they tried on fire uniforms, got their face painted, saw Elsa, Cinderella and Snow White, spray painted hair, dog races, treats, coupons and bike helmets for cheap in addition to car seat safety just to name a few.  

It was like pulling Teeth but 2 kids tried on the fire fighters coats.
And then the sat in the fire truck



Later that afternoon, I took the little girls to our neighborhood park. Last fall, they built a new pavillion and put in a new park but the snow came shortly thereafter and we never got to go try it out. It was so fun! The kids miss the old tire swing but I don't miss the carved in graffiti on the slides! I hope it will stay nice and clean and the kids can enjoy it for  a long time.

See pink hair form kids fair!


Lexi and Abby tried out this fun spinny thing. They laughed and laughed and laughed!

Pretty fun Saturday with spring time approaching! Lots of park weather in my forecast soon. I HOPE!

No comments: