Lexi was # 3, her coach wanted her to get under 1 minute! She did it. She placed 3rd in her age group for the freestyle!
She was smiling from ear to ear after each race. Some things we learned. Bring a chair to sit on, it's crowded and the bench's fill up fast, bring snacks, silly me thought she won't want to eat to weigh her down. While the races aka heats were short and fast there were also lots of them! Bring things to do, and then more food! I even got hungry. So fun to be swimming under Coach Wekluk' and have Bridgit to gab with while we wait!
Lexi is really enjoying this, some days it's crazy getting her to swim practice 3x a week for 1.5 hours each but we are making it work out. Wednesday's are even crazier because she has tumbling right after swim. BUT she's doing well at all, including at her school work. Mrs Taylor when I told her at PT Conference that I was frustrated Lexi wasn't getting 100% said, she's missing 1, give her some slack she's doing great. Sometimes, I think they need to be perfect (and sometimes having an older sister that loves to get 100% on anything she does--makes Mom think everyone should be like that). but she's right, I need to cut them some slack and let them grow up and learn. After all, I can't be there to hold their hand and guide them on every thing they do. Last night, we shared our favorite scriptures, I shared mine with my family (and IG/FB) as part of the #LIGHTtheworld challenge. Alma 56:47, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. If anything I have taught my kids in their short 4, 7, 10, 12 years of life it is to doubt not that God will always help them.
No comments:
Post a Comment