Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thanksgiving Recipes

I believe both of these are my Aunt Susan recipes. I have added them into my favorites at Thanksgiving time.

Cranberry Salad

Combine; set aside and fridgerate till gells (not completely set)
1 cup sugar
3 3oz cherry jello
3 cups boiling water

Add
1 12 oz washed chopped cranberries
1 large can crushed pineapple with juice
4 large apples chopped

combine with jello and let set completely
top with whipped cream


Grama's Yams
4-5 yams--cook and cool, then peel and slice in 9X13 pan
1-2 apples--peeled and sliced in pan with the yams
*grama slices butter and places between the apples and yams

1 c orange juice
1/3 c white sugar
1/3 c brown sugar
1/8 tsp nutmeg
salt & pepper litely sprinkle over yams/apples
2 tsp corn starch dissolved with water
orange rind

Boil ingredients, except corn starch. Add corn starch to thicken after begins to boil. Will still be liquidy you don't want it really thick, pour over apples/yams and bake 30 minute 350'.

3 comments:

staci said...

Yum! Both those recipes sound really good! I might try the cranberry salad. YUM! :) Thanks for sharing!

Laura said...

How funny, I am making both of those for Thanksgiving dinner! That's aunt Penny's cranberry salad recipe. Mmm so good. I love the traditional recipes that get passed on. What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Unknown said...

We are staying in Boise for Thanksgiving and my parents are coming up to celebrate. I am still working on my brothers as well. The more the merrier, anyone else need an invitation?