
My cell phone recently wouldn't hold a charge more then 10 hours and was inverted (the screen was all blurry) let alone the abuse it has received from being dropped and eaten by a certain 2 year old child--no names mentioned:). So we went shopping this weekend for a new phone and wondered about this question "Is cell phone insurance necessary?" Basic phone insurance is $4.99 a month. I've had my current contract for about 15 months so that would have been $74.85 in insurance charges. To get the same phone would have cost me $50 + the activation fees. My phone wasn't up for a new or early contract but Mike's was, so we used his early contract for my phone and hope his phone will last til the contract is up. Most of the phones online are free with a new 2 year contract, so is insurance necessary? My new (free)phone should arrive in the mail today, just in time for the latest abuse received. I was in the other room and Jack had taken my phone and submerged it in a glass of milk. Yep, can't even get the phone to turn on today. My question to you--is it worth $4.99 a month? After today I am very tempted to get insurance!
3 comments:
hmmmm, I have never known what to think about it either. But history does have a way of repeating itself sometimes. It is probably worth your investment. :D
Sounds like it would be a good idea!
I just got a new phone, and the third day I had it I dropped into the bathtub when I was giving my kids a bath. But it did luckly dry completely out and is now working.
Post a Comment