For the 4th of July, the Loveridge's and Cardwell's went to Lake Cascade, a tradition twice standing. Mike looked online to make a reservation 2 weeks prior and there was 1 tent site available, so we quickly made the reservation and hoped it was a good one. BUT the site turned out great, we were next to the lake and the bathrooms weren't that far and the bugs were everywhere!! But what's camping without mosquito's. I was nervous about the kids falling in the port-a-pottys but they were mostly clean and no one fell in. These pictures are obviously taken the first day and within the first few minutes of arriving because we are all so clean. After 2 days, we all needed a bath. Here are the kids watching Mike start a fire for roasting marshmallows: Mike, Camden, Maddy, Dayten, Jack.

Watching the fire, Maddy hugging Hudsen
Oakley & Hudsen
The second day we drove to the other side of the Lake to be able to have a beach to play in the water. The Lake was so high next to our campsite we didn't have a beach just marsh land. So we had to find one to go play in the water. The end of July, they let out water to irrigate crops in California (go figure Idaho supplies water for California) and then there are lots of beaches but we enjoyed seeing the east side of Cascade. Here is Mike warming up Jack after playing in the water.
Maddy & Camden building sand castles.

Maddy wanted to go out in the deep water, but neither Mike or I wanted to take her. So she asked Dean, she did great and kept telling him to go deeper, when she couldn't touch anymore, she said that was far enough. I think Mike felt guilty and later decided to take her out in the deep water. They claim the water wasn't that cold once you got use to it:)

Dayten & Maddy playing in the water.
We had a ton of fun, we watched fireworks over the Lake and I especially didn't miss lighting off fireworks--lighting them scares me and sparklers terrify me and Maddy hates the noises they make. We drove to McCall and had yummy huckleberry ice cream and ate some of the best food. Mike & Dean were the cooks and who doesn't love it when the guys cook!
8 comments:
Looks like you guys had lots of fun.
Looks like you guys had fun at the lake. That picture of the kids swimming, makes me want want to go swimming too!! Aahhh, I love summer!!
What a perfect 4th of July weekend!
I love the picture of you and your mom in Aunt Jill's hot tub- so cute and your mom looks so gorgeous!
I always remember July 3rd too- I still remember my parents telling us when your mom passed away, it was on the 4th on our traditional hike in Brighton up Snake Creek Pass. I can't believe she was so young and had three little kids. I'm sorry Kinz!! It touches my heart too for all of you!! I love that you have her journals. So special!
I love that you are enjoying one of my favorite areas of Idaho! It looks like a great holiday full of wonderful memories for you and the kids!
I am so jealous! Adam and I are not campers but we would like to be, we just need some guidance from some pros! I hear you are they!!:)
I glad you had fun!
How fun! We need our family to do fun things like that. Love the pics!
Looks like crazy fun! If we'd known we would have tried to hook up...we were in McCall with Billy & Megan's fam. Would have been great to be camping too, but it was nice to have a bed to sleep in. Did you get eaten alive by mosquitoes? :) love the pics!
I am so jealous. I love camping!!! It looks like you had a blast.
Post a Comment