Saturday, March 21, 2009

Overnight Visitors

We have had many overnight visitors come to see us in Boise. The first was Grampa and Grama Price and Aunt Emma. Maddy & Jack wore Emma out, I tried to convince her to stay with us but she wanted to go home and relax. She was a little momma to them, thanks Emma.

Our next overnight visitor was St Patrick or the Leper as the kids called it. We made leprechaun boxes and set them out over night. The box had a rope to climb up on and signs all over the box saying" No Leprechauns" and "Do not climb the rope." Leprechauns don't follow directions and of course they fell in the box. Maddy & Jack woke up and ate their chocolate coin ransom left by the leprechaun.
Of course we love this little girl. I'm dying to put bows on her head and it is too small. So I rigged this one and took a couple pictures.


And our current overnight visitor is Great Gramie. M&J love having someone to play with, she'll be 90 this May and is like the energizer battery--she keeps going and going. In her suitcase she brought several meals, raisin filled cookies and snacks. Gotta love Grams spaghetti sauce and the best Parmesan cheese in the world. YUM, it was delicious. She just came down with a cold and has barricaded herself in her room so as to not get everyone sick. But we are very grateful to have her here, she has been cookin' up a storm and holding Lexi every minute she can. On Tuesday after the kids were in bed, she admitted she is worn out and not use to doing so much. Guess it is a good thing we have babies young today instead of in our 100's like in the scriptures!



And some random pics of Lexi Mae.



Emma wanted to see this one. Here is our little cow!


PS Thanks for all your help with the lottery. With heavy hearts Mike and I were equally divided on sending her and keeping her home another year. BUT we prayed and prayed and feel good about our decision to keep her home another year and send her to preschool. And the best part about it is I'm not stressed about it anymore, must mean I made the right decision. Thanks again for all your thoughts.






11 comments:

Robin said...

You have got to have the best Grandma ever! I met her a time or two and her love for you is still showing.

Becky said...

Visitors are nice. Sounds like things have been busy with all that family, but family is always good.

Julie L said...

Thanks for the update...love all the pix!!!!! And your choice on Maddy feels just right to me, too. (Not that I have much inspiration there, but it just feels so much less stress for her. Five year olds do not need stress!) Can't wait to come up and be one of your overnight visitors, too!

Kristy said...

i LOVE the little cow outfit!! So adorable!! You look great!!
YAY...thursday is my turn. I'll post pictures as soon as I can. :)

Penny said...

Fun times! You have an awesome Grandma and parents! Lexi is a doll Kenz! I'm glad you feel good about your decision on Maddy. You won't regret it! You're a good mom! She's going to do great! I love your cute little family!

Hayley said...

Nothing better than visitors and some good home cookin'.

staci said...

Looks like you have been having fun with baby Lexi and the visitors. We love visitors here too! Glad you feel good about your decision to keep Maddy in preschool 1 more year. Whether you had decided to keep her back or not, I'm glad you feel good about it. That means it was the right decision right? ;) Hope you're feeling good and all recovered and getting some sleep!

Sally said...

Wow - you guys really go all out for St. Patrick's day. What a ton of fun! Lexi's picture is adorable! I hope we get to see her in person soon.

Anonymous said...

I love the pics! Lexi is so cute!

rosebud said...

Your baby Lexi is just darling!! You look terrific, too.

I love my Aunt Margaret -- we are so blessed to have come from such a great family. Aren't we just awesome! ;)

I'm glad you feel good about your decision -- it is scary being a parent sometimes and making those decisions, but that confirmation allows us to go forward and know we are in the right.

Jen & George Scott said...

oh Kenz, She is darling. I love the black and white cow outfit. It is darling. You look awesome by the way!!!