Sunday, October 31, 2010

Boo!

What a week. Here's what we have been up to.

First up we had a pumpkin carving night with Carmel apples and THE BEST sloppy joes I have ever had. Um, ya sloppy joes aren't something you rave about. BUT these are good. Have you checked out this website? ourbestbites.com If not go-I have done several of the recipes and no complaints about any. Try sloppy joes for dinner!

Enough about dinner, do you have one of those people in your life you just wanna be like. My s.i.l. Stephanie is that one for me. She always has the greatest games, the cutest kids, the best ideas and the coolest decorations. We played "Don't eat Frank" and the kids (with the exception of Maddy) loved it! We love living close to cousins and sil's! And Stephanie slaved the whole day first making sloppy joes and then these heavenly carmel apples. Ya, we haven't even gotten to the pumpkin carving yet. They were delish!








Finally it's time to carve the pumpkins. Lexi didn't want anything to do with it. I thought she might have fun digging out the guts but she wouldn't even touch it. Karsyn loved her pumpkin!


Mike was watching the game so I guess was inspired to carve his pumpkin a different way,




Bill helped Kamryn carve her kitty,




Jack drew his face and Maddy did the whole thing all by herself. By the end she said her hand hurt.



Stephanie and I got creative (see once again her she is being all Martha Stewart) and we drilled ours! Polka Dots!! They all turned out so cute.

TaDa the finished projects!



Phew, check that one of the list. On to the next agenda.


First party of the week was Jack's preschool party on Thursday. I volunteered to help. Wow, do I admire a preschool teacher, I guess any teacher in general. She had 12 kids chanting "teacher, teacher" for 2 hours. What a patient person she is. We just love Ms Linda's preschool and highly recommend her. Here is Jack dressed as a fireman.




Friday we all dressed up to go to the Carecenter to Trick or Treat. We went to the school and watched the parade and I forgot the camera. She had a great class party also and came home with more candy and treats!


Maddy is a black bird


And all three!
I love this picture, shows the height levels of the kids.

Lexi 19.5 months, Jack 4, Maddy 6






And Miss Lexi is Rapunzel.


Thanks for the costumes Emma!




Friday night we ventured to Lehi to celebrate Halloween a day early with Mike's parents at their wards Trunk or Treat. I love these. We had them in Boise and maybe next year our ward will do one. We ate yummy soup, the kids played games inside and then we all headed outside to go car to car and get candy. By the end of the night Lexi had it down. She already knows the word "candy or caady" as she calls it but she was saying Trick or Treat too "Tree Tree."


Here we are. Wenda, Bird, Fireman, Chicken and Waldo


Can you say Christmas Card picture or what:)



I wanted Lexi to be warm at the trunk or treat so she changed costumes. The chicken costume is a hand me down but so warm--she was actually sweating in it. Here is Lexi charming us as usual.



And officially today is Halloween. So before I completely got out of the Halloween spirit, I posted pictures of the Halloween Costumes. It seems all we have done this week is gather and eat candy-myself included. School parties and Trunk or Treats~by the time Halloween rolled around (actually it's today) I was out of the mood. Saturday night it was raining and hailing and I didn't feel like dragging the kids around the block. But when the doorbell rang and other's were out trick or treating, I had no excuse. Quickly the costumes were put on~we dressed up with makeup and hair dye on Friday so Saturday was simple costumes warm mostly! After doing our little neighborhood we headed to the Quinns and ate chili and cornbread. October has been a long month. We did so much, had so much fun and I have over 150 pictures to prove all of our busyness. Down go the jack-o-lanterns and up go the pilgrims and turkeys. So excited for the holidays that are quickly approaching.


Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Julie L said...

It has been a fun week. I felt bad we missed the school Halloween parties for the kids, but with work screaming and kitchen screaming and all, had to cut somewhere. However, having time with you at that fun Pumpkin Carving night and Trunk-or-Treating was absolutely wonderful! We love being closer to you! And I think I have some of the most talented daughters-in-law (all three of you) and daughters in the whole world!

Anonymous said...

ahhh....you are too nice!!! (and you know just the right words to make a girl feel like a million bucks!) We love having cousins so close. It makes everything more FUN! (Funny how I think you are the one with the coolest decorations, greatest ideas, and darling kids!)(I can't get it to sign into my account so this is posted as anonymous but it is really me)

Seth and Julie said...

Cuteness! Everyone looks great, and I actually think that picture would be so fun for Christmas cards. Happy Halloween!

Brian and Tonya said...

What a fun halloween. The kids costumes are so cute. We missed being able to be at the party. That looked like lots of fun. And I've got lots of sil's that are on my list of people I want to be like. You and Steph are both on that list.