Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween Preview

I have never really been a fan of dressing up for Halloween except when I was young and would dress up like a clown--every year! My mom made these cute clown costumes. I can almost see little Lexi in this picture of me.


And another year, here is Chad, Kinzee, Brody



As the kids got older I tried to get them to want to dress up like a clown. In 2007, Maddy did. She is 3 here. Aren't here pucker lips cute. She use to do this whenever she'd put lipstick on and this was the last night she did it. Here is Maddie and Maddy heading out to go trick or treating.


That same year our ward had a Halloween party and Mike was a good sport and dressed up as a clown with Maddy. We also dressed up as Danny and Olivia Newton John from Grease, that's why I'm in a poodle skirt and blond wig. And Jack was Raggedy Andy. Mike was this when he was Jack's age, although I don't have a picture of that. One day I'll get Mike's pictures and get them in an album, these days I'm lucky to post them on the blog.



Back home in Boise, we got invited to several Halloween parties and dressing up became more fun. I am not a fan of paint on the face and nothing to risky. We had our own Halloween fiesta with new neighbors. Here are some of the guests and costumes.


Waldo and Wenda aka Mike & Kinzee



Dr. Shosted and eye exam gone wrong Camille aka Kevin & Camille

(*note he is an eye doctor and this is just a costume:)

Bambi and Hunter aka Ali and Drew


Obamacare & patient aka Chad and Ann




Snow white & paddle boy aka Matt and Cami



Bridezilla & Frankenstein aka Clairesse and Brandon


Witch & Batman aka Jen and Jake
(doesn't she look great she is 8 months pregnant)


All the costumes were great but this was our winner. I cried when she walked in the door. If only we had taken a picture of her socks and shoes and her french braid. Did you know the higher the bangs the more spiritual polygamist wives are? Good to know, I guess.


Warren Jeffs and wife #1 aka Ben & Kami




And of course a picture of the yummy food.




Eye balls




These were very interesting. A pretzel was in the middle, I honestly didn't try one but heard it was quite the experience to eat!




Deviled eyes




Pumpkin roll that was on the go





What a blast it was getting to know our neighbors better. We played some games that made me cry also from laughing so hard and some other games that only "couples" can play. Yikes! Those would have been interesting pictures. My dad was a gem and watched the 3 goblins all night. He had as much fun as we did. This is definitely something we want to do again. Gotta start thinking of next years costumes!!

5 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

How fun. I always want to have a Halloween party but I am too shy to dress up and invite people. It looks like it was a blast!

Cam said...

We had such a great time! I hope you'll make it an annual event. We will definitely have to step it up in the costume department, all of the other couples put us to shame! I'll have to do some brainstorming for next year. Can I steal pictures off your blog? I'd love to show off the fun on ours.
P.S. I agree, the first picture of you looks a lot like Lexi. I actually thought it was her at first and wondered why it looked like non-digital quality.

Brian and Tonya said...

What a fun party. And I'm glad you guys got the Where's Waldo outfits to work. Mike was puzzling over those the other night.

Larsens said...

It was so much Fun I am so glad we could make it! Drew had a great time. We will have to get together more often! Thanks so much for having it We'll plan on it next year!

Julie L said...

I was sure that was Lexi at first, and wondering where you found that clown costume. I'll have to find that picture of Mike as Raggedy Andy. He was so cute. And you'd think it was Jack when you see it.

I'll say it again, that party looked like a blast!