I haven't posted our family pictures because my editor has been busy doing other things. MUCH more important things, like resumes and job applications. Now that that is behind us, I did get him to edit some of the pictures. We had only 361 to choose from. Although, most were easily eliminated and you'll see why.
Back when the pictures were taken, I wanted it to be warm and green. It was the end of Septmenber and boy was it hot!! And the kids were so, so with pictures. BUT what is to be expected with an 18 month old, a 4 year and 6 year old who would much rather be doing other things. We went with a friend of a friend and Caroline did a great job taking our family's pictures.
Lexi woulnd't hold still for the pictures. She was upside down, hanging in the tree and anything in between.
Back when the pictures were taken, I wanted it to be warm and green. It was the end of Septmenber and boy was it hot!! And the kids were so, so with pictures. BUT what is to be expected with an 18 month old, a 4 year and 6 year old who would much rather be doing other things. We went with a friend of a friend and Caroline did a great job taking our family's pictures.
Lexi woulnd't hold still for the pictures. She was upside down, hanging in the tree and anything in between.
We did get a good one of her.
and Jack smiled so hard his eyes shut.
Jack was the star of the day and patiently waited for his turn to get his picture taken.


And Maddy wanted to model in her pictures. Although this tree hugger pose is beautiful of Maddy.
And then there is comical family photos.
Mike did edit a couple family photos and got a good one of the 5 of us. Don't be surprised when you see these in our Christmas cards which are hitting the press and ready for release next week (that is as soon as I finish or start our family newsletter).

It was weird having just the two of us in a picture, almost like we should be taking our engagement photos.
Mike asked if this was going to be a yearly tradition. He said growing up they only had pictures taken every 5 years or so or with the birth of a new child. I think with cameras and digital photos it is so easy and nice and convenient to take pictures all the time, why not get a good family photo update every year. And I always like the excuse to go buy matching outfits!
4 comments:
Beautiful! Your kids have gotten so big. Your family pictures are AWESOME! Love thst you shared them ALL :).
Those are so cute! How amazing to get one that is good of all 5 of you. That has never happened to us. Maddy could be an actual model, I think. I love her poses. I also thought it was weird when Seth and I recently took a picture of just the two of us. That is just not our life anymore, but in the end I was happy to have a shot of us together.
Love the pictures and can't wait to get my own copies! Looking forward to your Christmas letter. I just laughed at Lexi's tree poses. Jack is looking more and more grown up all the time, and I absolutely love how Maddy is maturing! What a gorgeous family. They have to make a certain grandparent (me) proud as can be!
Oh, and you and Mike look great, too. Do you think I could convince Brent to do another shot with just the two of us? Don't you think it's about time?
Such great photos of all of you! Treasures for sure! Oh, and I think Maddy has a modeling career in her future. :)
Post a Comment