Since living back in Utah (11 months now), I have realized how much snow this state gets. It makes me miss Boise's mild winters. You know the snow storms that come and if you don't shovel the driveway it will melt by noon. Our first snow storm was back in October, which made for a cold Halloween. But it melted fairly quick. Since Halloween we have had a couple storms but nothing too much. BUT, this week the snow has really let us know who is boss. Last Sunday, we woke up to 14 inches and then another 6 in the middle of the week. And today another 6 already and the driveway that Mike shoveled is already covered in snow. He is complaining we need a snow blower, I'm saying shoveling is great exercise. Not sure who is going to win, when it is still November and snow is piling up.
At least these 2 enjoyed the snow today. I didn't last much longer then snapping these pictures. It was cold! We do have an awesome sledding hill down the street that the kids tried out last week. No pictures yet, but I'm sure they'll be plenty to come from this winter.





Is it just West Jordan getting pounded with snow or is the snow state wide? And does it always snow this much in West Jordan?
4 comments:
Pretty crazy! Kevin is talking about a snowblower too, but I don't think it's in the budget! Good exercise, huh? I'll have to try that one on him the next time I hear a complaint- which will probably be in a few minutes when he comes in from shoveling the driveway once again. And I don't think it's a west jordan thing- I'm hearing reports of major snow everywhere! As long as I don't have to drive in it, I guess I don't mind it so much- it sure is pretty! We need to go and try the sledding hill out soon, I know the girls would love it.
I vote for the exercise! Even Brent's talking about needing a snow blower now that we have decent concrete. But most of the time, it really isn't that big of a deal. This morning, however, I'm thinking a snow blower would be good. It's not that I mind the exercise - I love to be out in the snow shoveling - it's my back which isn't too happy with this kind of exercise.
Wow, you guys had so many adventures while I was out of town. I was so sorry to hear about the job, but so happy to see that you found a new one all in the same post. Phew! And that is a lot of snow for November. WOW! We haven't had any yet, but once it snows here we are stuck with it until Spring. Luckily it occasionally warms up and melts in Utah.
Brrr... I am in for it, in a couple of weeks!
Post a Comment