Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Count your many Blessings

For the past 9 days, I've been stressed and crazy and emotional and trying to have faith all the while having patience and love and then more patience. My motto has been if I ignore it maybe it will go away. BUT the gloom and doom and darkness came and wouldn't go away. I had the worst feeling in the pit of my stomach. Probably didn't help that I didn't eat, sleep and boy was I cranky.

It all started last Monday when Mike came home from work EARLY. Usually it is a welcome, although I didn't suspect it was a welcome home day. He showed me the letter which terminated his position at Crowell Advertising, his last day would be Dec 31st.

That's when the pit came and didn't go away. The tears came, the worry, the holidays fast approaching and our SAVINGS gone. We have been doing so many projects on the house, we slowly ate away the savings we had built up. That savings was supposed to help us in a time like this. We had every intention of building it back up this winter. And now this. Oh and didn't we just go through this 10 months ago. Two times in one year!!

I've prayed more then I can remember. I've fasted more then I can remember and not being hungry even after 24 hours. I prayed, I took back anything and everything that wasn't necessary. I prayed and received a blessing of comfort. Did I mention I prayed?

The worst was for Mike, he had to go back the next day and act like nothing was wrong. When I'm sure he felt so much hatred and frustration at the place he spent so much of his time. AND all the while keep a smile on his face like nothing was wrong. He had a phone interview the next day and a live interview following that. And then an email that said they had hired someone else. I cried all day long and my phone rang all day long. Thanks for all who listened to the spirit and called me or visited me and feed my kids. I was down, frustrated, terrified of what the holidays would bring, mad and the list could go on and on.

Grammie said I had to smile and not give up, be positive because it would help Mike if nothing else. And I also needed to come out of my shell and be a mom. The last time Mike lost his job, we packed the house in 4 days and moved states. I didn't want to upset the kids. They still don't know, too much for a kid to take in.

Mike found another job to apply for and had a phone interview on Friday. Wow, it had been a long week. They sent a test to complete over the weekend to prove he knew what he knew how to do (ppc, seo, tmi4me, lol:). And then we were back to Monday, one week. One long week, one frustrating week. BUT an interview Tuesday morning. More fasting, more praying, more faith, more begging and pleading and praying.

The offer came in Tuesday night, he will start next Monday at OneGreatFamily.com as the Director of Search Engine Marketing. It is in Springville, so a drive but a job. No we won't be moving, we have to live here at least 3 years or pay back the government the housing stimulus we received in the spring. We feel at home here, we love our home and our ward and our friends we have made here and I don't think anyone would buy the house--the market is still not good.

He is very excited. It is a pay raise and a job well done. PHEW is right. And 8 days later again. 10 months ago, the same thing happened last January, see post if you have forgotten the details http://mickmackmaddyjack.blogspot.com/2010_01_01_archive.html they are all to fresh in my mind. More prayers of thanksgiving, more prayers, more tears, more gratitude.

Last week, I learned that we can't take our material possessions with us when ever it is our time to go. I hope Christmas will reflect that this year. Thanksgiving too.

Although, my holiday plans are back in full swing, Christmas countdown, Christmas ornament party, Christmas cards and the love I have for my Savior. Thank you for hearing and anwering my prayers. The blessing I received sounded like this trial would last months. 8 days was long enough.

I have much to be thankful for today and forever. Thanks Mike for a job well done. I love you. Thanks again for all the prayers said by many of you.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh! I was near tears when I found out he lost his job again! Are you kidding me!! I am just so happy and glad to know that he found a good job so quickly! That is so amazing! YAY!

Cam said...

How can I see you everyday and not know about this?! I'm sorry you've had a difficult week. Send your kiddies over anytime and let me know if there's anything else I can do. Glad you got another job lined up so quickly! And I'm so, so glad you're not planning to move!!

Cam said...

.

Larsens said...

Makinzee I am so sorry. I can totally relate to this story in so many ways. I am so glad that your prayers were answered and you were able to stay here and move on! You are such a strong woman to be so diligent in asking for help! That is the hardest thing to do in hard times! Well I need to come over and get to know you guys more! I loved having you at the boutique you are so much fun! Yay now you get to stay so we can get to know you better! Let me know if you every need anything!

Julie L said...

Thanks for sharing, Makinzee. And thanks for allowing us to be with you and Mike through it all. It was a long week. We are thrilled with his new job and so grateful to have all of you back in Utah.

Sometimes it takes this type of thing to help us wake up and re-recognize the things we've known all along: material things are not what is important in our lives. Sure, they add to our comfort and well-being, but strip them away and we continue. Our family and the Gospel, our Faith, those are the things that are important. Thank you!

Ann Marie said...

I cried through the whole post.
I know every feeling.. every worry.. and it made me have a pit in my stomach reading it.

Chad has been through 4 jobs in the last 4 years.. and each time.. it was this hard. I have such an appreciation now for his employment.. we try and thank the Lord everyday for it.

With each job change DID bring new experiences.. blessings.. better pay.. and benefits. It keeps me so focused on "remembering to have Faith and Trust" in the Lord as these things always are a benefit to us.

I feel sick that I didn't know about this as well. I wish I would have.. as I would have prayed hard along with you!
I REALLY feel that you guys are a valuable asset to our ward.. and I'm sure grateful that you will be able to continue to stick around for a while... ( hopefully more than 3 years. :)
Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Man, do I miss you Makinzee! This is why you are so great! You have so much strength! Congrats on the new job. I'm glad the stress is gone and you can live life again. :)

Penny said...

I love you Kenz! I'm so sorry you went through this again. It's the hardest thing to go through, but you are both strong and WONDERFUL! Together you make everything! You are blessed and will always be blessed. I hope you know how much you are loved! I'll call you, let's get together, ALL of us! :) Love ya!