Saturday, March 12, 2011

Disney World Day 1

This is technically day 2 of our trip. Day 1 was traveling to Orlando. An all day long story that I don't want to relive.

After a quick breakfast at the condo, a stop to Walmart for snacks and a new stroller, we arrived at the parking lot of Disney World. $14 bucks a car. We boarded the tram and then lined up at the monorail to arrive at the Magic Kingdom and we finally made it to Disney World. I won't even tell you the prices because it will make your heart sink. Although, the price was worth the memories. The sign is right (we'll half of it anyways) "Let the Memories Begin!"



I can't remember the first ride we went on. I believe we went to Splash Mountain and picked up a fast pass and then headed to the Thunder Mountain Railroad. We did a baby swap and got right on the ride, Mike did the 2nd round and by that time it was time for Splash Mountain. Jack loved the rides. Last year he was to small, but not this year. He went once with mom and then again with dad on the baby swap pass.

We headed over to Fantasy Land and enjoyed several rides. Here are some of our favorites. Of course the carousel.






Although, I lost the binky on the ride and never found it. WHICH made for a VERY, VERY long day. By the end of the day, we all needed a binky.




Jack waiting for Dumbo.


Maddy being very brave on Dumbo.

And of course the Disney Castle and our Princess Maddy.

I was in charge of the camera and Mike was in charge of the flip and so this picture is only appropriate because this is what I saw most of him doing.



Special Thanks to Chad and Anna who joined us at Magic Kingdom for the day. It was a lot of fun having someone to enjoy the park with. Lexi is letting Anna smell the flowers.



And Jack was either on top of Chad's shoulders or holding Anna's hand. He was especially happy to have someone to be with.


Lexi spent a lot of time playing here while the big kids went on Splash Mountain (several times). Maddy declared it her favorite ride after we convinced her to go on it and practically dragged her to it. She was so afraid she was going to get wet, she wore Jack's hoody and zipped it all the way up. She was so proud that only her forehead got wet and then went on it again and again and again. Lexi was a good sport and played here a LOT!
Another favorite ride was "It's a small world" Lexi was dancing the whole ride. The video is quite entertaining.


And after Pirates of the Caribbean, the kids begged for suckers. They didn't last long but sure made one little girl a sticky mess!




Mmm, good:)




Toon Towne was closed at Disney World while we were in Florida but they had a place for Mickey & Minnie Mouse in other areas of the park. The area is under construction and will be complete in 2012. The line to see Minnie and Mickey was a 60 minute wait. I asked if Mickey was anywhere else in the park and was told "Well, there is only ONE Mickey Mouse, but he can also be seen in Tomorrow Land." That line wasn't much shorter and when it was finally our turn to see them, we got asked if a special needs child could go in front of us. Really, I just waited 45 minutes but go ahead.

Lexi patiently waited til it was her turn. AND then gave "me mou" a big hug. We weren't sure which mouse she was talking about but it was definitely Mickey who got a giant hug first. A little blurry but still so cute.


Jack & Maddy also gave the mouses big hugs. I guess technically it's "mice."


And then a group picture.

Aren't the girls shirts so cute. I got so many compliments on them.

Thanks Ali it was so fun to have a darling shirt to show off.

I asked Jack if he wanted one and instead found this Mario shirt and was fine without a Mickey shirt. Go figure. They need to build a Mario Land!



Mickey had LOTS of energy and was bouncing everywhere after his cheesecake snack break. It was hard to get a picture of him holding still. He especially liked Lexi and Minnie held no jealousy:)


Mike even got a little mouse action himself.

Thanks again Ali for the darling shirts and of course Mickey and Minnie for always having your best smiles ready for the camera.



We did see Mickey and Minnie wandering around the park at the parade. I just love Mickey & Minnie's wardrobe.


We saw lots of friends from a far because the lines were so long but did stop to see a couple other friends. And another line for Jessie and Woody. Lexi was so excited to see them. She loves Toy Story 3. Don't mind the other family who actually waited in line to see them, Lexi just wanted a quick picture anyway!

Silly Rabbit, I said to the kids "go give the Easter Bunny a hug" and then realized oops he's not the Easter Bunny rather the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. He nodded his head yes. Alice was having tea when we saw the White Rabbit.




So there you have it, day 1 of our adventure.
Well really day 2, day 1 was waking up early to go to the airport, flying to Atlanta, quick lunch and then off to Orlando. We did spend at least 3 hours getting a rental car and then lost the other cars while driving to find the hotel. BTW, toll roads are everywhere in Orlando. Have extra $$ and be prepared to stop.

4 comments:

Julie L said...

What a fun post to read! Thanks for taking us along for your day. Love the background music, love the wallpaper, love the video!!!!! and all the terrific pictures - great job! Looking forward to the rest of your trip. I'm so glad you got to go! (Those are really cute outfits, by the way. Did you add the appliques yourself? What a darling idea!)

Seth and Julie said...

How fun! Sorry day one was a nightmare. Traveling with kids is hard enough without drama. Looks like there was enough magic at Disney to make up for it though. We are talking about going next Spring so I am really excited to see your pictures. My friend just came back a few months ago after two weeks there and I was so jealous of every blog post. Please post more...I never can get enough Disney.

Ann Marie said...

Sorry about Day 1. I hope that was the only hard day.

The shirts are super cute.. and I love all of the pictures. I just love Disney!!

Too funny that your friends are Chad and Anna. Have you ever thought about that? ha!

Cam said...

Looks like so much fun! Love the shirts- what a great idea! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.