Tuesday, September 6, 2011

7th birthday

We did a family party for Maddy's birthday this year. I think we still had about 20 people! Maddy's favorite food is salmon. Maddy bravely asked Grandpa if she could have fish for her birthday dinner. OH MY. I forgot how good fresh salmon is. My dad went to Alaska in July and this was fresh and melted in your mouth and delish. Also on the menu: new potatoes, green beans, cucumbers in vinegar (all from the garden), sourdough bread and tarter sauce from Marketstreet (the bread was so yummy) watermelon and grapes and salmon. We love to cook salmon on the barbeque grill. Wrap it in tinfoil with some squeezed fresh lemon, a little butter and lemon pepper. 10 minutes on each side!

And of course here's what we had for dessert!
Rainbow cupcakes.
And rainbow sherbet ice cream.
These were really fun. And really not that hard to do.
I really need a lesson or two on frosting.
That's my weakness in baking.
Maddy did say these were the best birthday cake ever! And I'll add the easiest.
 I love the cupcake trend.
 Maddy is concentrating very hard on blowing out those candles!
 And finally it was time for gifts. She asked nicely if she could open one gift before school, she's been dying to have her twinkle toes shoes!! Here's Maddy with her loot.
 Yay for snow boots (winter will be here before we know it I'm afraid)
And her favorite gift of all was a snow cone machine. We'll she liked all of them but was super duper excited when she opened this!!



3 comments:

Laura said...

fun gifts, i love the combo of winter boots and summer snow cone machine! how impressive maddy's favorite food is salmon!! wow!! her dinner sounded delish!

rosebud said...

what a darling cupcakes!! I'm so lazy! I never do anything that fun!Thank you for inspiring me.

Cam said...

Happy birthday Madison!