Computer problems and my dear sweet knowledgeable husband fixed it. It was a wake up call because all my pictures are on this computer and now I know I definitely need to have a backup somewhere. It's been a tough week but I survived without blogging, face book and the Internet constantly. I did get some wifi in when Mike was home with the iPad but then I have to fight with 4 others for it!!
Jack loves Kindergarten. He comes home singing a new song everyday. He is also doing colors week and tells me what color he has to wear the next day. I almost forget when I go to the bus to get Maddy that I'm also there to pick up Jack. I don't know why I don't remember, I take him to school everyday!!
Lexi and I are enjoying ourselves. I did get to do what I've been wanting to do since Christmas~ scrapbook yesterday while she was taking a nap. We've been to lunch and go shopping a lot and wow it's so nice to only have one kid to juggle while running errands. Although, this one is still in diapers and we cut our trip short at the fabric store because of you know what. I'm thinking maybe next week, we'll throw the diapers away for good and be a super big girl now.
After dropping Jack off at his first day of Kindergarten, my cousin from Virginia called to say she was in town and did I want to go to lunch. SURE! So Lexi and I did a U-turn and headed to Cowboy Grub. I am a sucker for their salad bar and cheesy potato soup and this day was no different. Lexi had mac-n-cheese, Great Grammie laughed and asked the waiter if he knew how to make that. If only Grammie knew it now comes in a box and is a cinch to make!!
Gabe and I are about 1.5 months apart. I forgot how much we look alike. We somehow snuck green eyes out of our Italian genes and have dark hair. Her kids however have the dark hair that most Italians have. . Mine are so light I sometimes wonder if they got switched at birth!
It's hard to see that we are posing in front of Ardo, the big black bull. At the entrance of the restaurant are two bulls...one named after our Grandfather a true Italian himself which is probably why his name and his brother Armondo ended up on the wall of the restaurant. The restaurant is owned my friends of the family. The cute waiter that took our picture was so impressed that we were posing in front of a picture with our Grandfather.
After lunch the kids rode the carousel and the rocking horse. Here's Charlotte (Lottie) and Nathan and Lexi spining round and round but loving every minute of it.
So fun to catch up to Gabe. I remember once we went to Cali to visit cousin Erica and Aunt Jill and bought the same matching dress and shirt. I totally copied Gabe because it was darling. Grammie also took us to Les Miserables and then we had lots of sleepovers when we were little. It was so fun to see Gabe again. Virginia, I'll be out one day to see you and Gabe!
4 comments:
Somehow with all the craziness going on in our lives, I totally missed this entry. Cute photos. I'm glad you got a chance to meet up with your cousin. Enjoy the time alone with number three while you've got it. Bet she's loving getting all the attention while the siblings are at school!
Looks like you guys had such a fun lunch!!! Great pics with the kids and I love the one in front of grandpa! Ha!
Awww... Thanks for the shout out Cuz! It was great seeing you too! My door is ALWAYS open.
I haven't been to Cowboy Grub in years! We should plan a date night and go sometime.
Post a Comment