We left Ruth's and headed to our condo in Park City. These two cuties stayed up here in the loft. Didn't get any other pictures of the place but it was nice, perfect for those looking for a ski trip getaway. Camille is very pregnant and goes to the bathroom multiple times a night and then I also need a potty break decided we shouldn't be sleeping in the loft with a ladder in the dark. Rachel and Jen volunteered. Not bad for $13.50 a night per person! We dumped our stuff and headed to shop at the outlets. I seriously haven't shopped at the outlets for years and years. It was so fun. Jen is quite the shopper, the rest of the group got tired and headed back to the room so Camille could put her feet up and not go into labor while on a Girls Retreat! We got some great deals and I got lots of early Christmas shopping done! And a new pair of maternity pants. Wish my skinny jeans fit, they are now in the bin labeled "gonna fit in these clothes again!"
We went to dinner about 6:30. The group found a restaurant online that had entrees from $15-25. Reasonable we thought, until we saw the fine china and linen table cloths and napkins. And the real price of the entrees $45 and that didn't include a salad or potato. Rachel nicely told the waiter this place wasn't for us and headed to Bandit's up Main Street.
YUM, Barbeque. Mmm, Camille and I shared a steak because it was too big for either of us to eat and us pregnant ladies were craving some red meat. Thanks to the mom of the group our meal was free because it was well charred instead of medium rare. The others were very nice and let us nibble off their plates. We scored a great deal on dinner!
We headed back to the condo for relaxing and chatting and more eating. And it was really late and we snapped a couple pictures to remember how late it really was!
Cami, Jen, Kami, Rachel, Makinzee, Camille
We ventured to bed about 2 o'clock and then all gabbed some more in our rooms with our roomies. And about 3:30 I think we were all tired. Poor Camille seriously was in the bathroom all night. Makes me not very anxious for the last month of pregnancy and all night bathroom visits. We joked that she could not have this baby (baby's sex is a surprise) on a girls retreat that Kevin her husband might not let her hang with us anymore, she was having practice contractions all night. I guess too much laughter!
Saturday we slowly got moving and went to the Pancake House and ate breakfast. Some of us went home and others went to the Quilted Bear to do a little more shopping and then to Home Again. Got some more great finds and of course have lots of memories with this crazy group! I just love these ladies to death! We scored on a great neighborhood!
Thanks again to Grams and Aunt Jill for holding down the fort til Mike got home from work. The kids had a great weekend without mom and Mike learned that a night away from the wife is a good thing! Right?
6 comments:
How fun! Sounds like you had an awesome time with the girls...gotta have that time to unwind and recharge! I love how you labeled the clothing bin, that is awesome!!! Sigh, I've been wondering if I should haul stuff outta my closet or keep it there and wait it out. Hmmm. Glad you had a blast!
Wow! Crazy busy week for you! But it all sounds so fun. Didn't know the zoo was building some more. I thought they had just finished all their renovations. Love that you were able to break away for the overnighter.
That just sounds like a fun fun weekend for the women. I doubt anyone's husbands would have considered it fun if you had dragged them along. There are just some things women enjoy that men hate (i.e. shopping)and are definitely done ala friends. You are fortunate to be surrounded by so many!
SO bummed I missed it. Glad you all had so much fun. You deserve a break!! Next time I'll make it!
I LOVED being with all of you.
You each inspire me in different ways.. and have been a great blessing to me through all of this grieving!
PS: I bet you'll never even have to wear Maternity stuff. Your soo dang skinny girl!
Oh how I love me some girl's weekends! Glad you got to get away with your girlies & have some fun! Love the late night talks. Those are the best! Looks like you have a fun group to hang with!
Sorry you got stuck rooming with me and had to hear me stumble to the bathroom every 30 minutes. :) Thank goodness we didn't have to go up and down that ladder, though! Fun weekend- great girls- love this neighborhood!
Post a Comment