Sometimes visiting the Pumpkin Patch is highway robbery. You can buy these darlings for 1/2 the price at the grocery store but then isn't all the fun of picking your perfect pumpkin at the patch lost somewhere along the way.
This year we went to Peterson's Farm on 4000 West. When driving on Bangerter we've watched the farm grow and decided we'd try this one this year. Out front was a cute fall display to take pictures. Hmmm, one child didn't want to participate, can you guess which one? Ya, she seems to be missing in action.
Off to find the perfect pumpkin. Several years ago when we lived in Boise, Jack and I searched for a white pumpkin. It was really the first time we had ever seen a white pumpkin. We walked and walked and finally found one almost on the other side of the farm. This year he wanted the same, although the white pumpkins this year we're HUGE and not as plentiful as the orange ones! He found the perfect one. Mike rolled the wheelbarrow over to it because he wasn't going to carry it across the field either.
Maddy was a little bit picky this year. Not sure what exactly she was looking for but she finally found one.
Lexi loved all of them with the exception of the warty looking ones. Ewww, aren't those so gross who would want one of those.
I think Lexi put all the little pumpkins in the wheelbarrow. She loved them all!
Bad photo but Mike is hauling Jack's white pumpkin and the orange ones too to get weighed!
And there you have our trip to the pumpkin patch. I'm going to try and forget the money I could have saved if we had just gone to Smith's and bought the same pumpkins!
5 comments:
Your kids will have fond memories of visiting the pumpkin patch! That makes paying 2 or 3 times more for a pumpkin all worth it, right? Love fall and fun family traditions!
How fun!! I love that Lexi didn't want to participate in the picture, too funny. They can be so stubborn! Yeah, don't Grandmother's rolls sound SOOOO good??!! Yum!!
hahaha... I am lame and did Smith's this year. When we are feeling it for a picture and the whole "pumpkin picking experience" then we then we pay more and do the patch too. :)
I vote for the pumpkin patches. Judging from the smiles, I would say the kids agree.
so cute!!!
Post a Comment