Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thankful Thinking Part II

Part II of all that I'm grateful for especially this November and Thanksgiving Season.
11. In honor of Veteran's Day, I'm thankful for

12. Warm Cozy house and hot chocolate. Helped Mike outside today. He removed lots of grass, and added 5 yards of topsoil in place for another future flower bed in the front yard. And then we took down the tramp in the falling snow and came inside to warm up with hot chocolate and apple pie! Especially grateful for a roof over my head.

13. Playing games. We've been playing the Mexican Train game and the kids love it. Lexi loves to play with the domino's. Some of our other family favorites are Sorry, Gold Fish (as Jack calls it), Uno and Ticket to Ride on the iPad. Last night we played games with the Shosted's. I'm always up for a round or two of Rook. Rook is a Price tradition although I'm not as competitive as my uncles get!

14. Yay for a strong heartbeat at the doctor today~150. Boo for a 6 pound gain in 5 weeks. Another ultrasound on December 1st. Baby girl is growing as am I. According to BabyCenter, at 19 weeks baby is the size of a heirloom tomato! Yet, why do I feel like a pumpkin?


15. Grocery shopping. Although, grocery shopping is one of my least favorite things to do. I'm grateful to have many stores so close. I did make a long haul trek to Winco this morning. Got my free turkey and apple juice!  And the groceries stocked for a little bit anyway!

16. Family Prayer and family counsel. I'm working on a talk for sacrament meeting (yay lucky me;) and realized how important family prayer is "Nothing can take the place of kneeling with our families and petitioning for His help, guidance and mercy" this is definitely something I need to work on.

17. Christmas shopping done! At least I think I am anyway. I did make a last minute mad dash to Target today...Jack decided Santa needed him to bring something that neither I nor the big man in red knew about.

18. Friends. What would I do without friends. I'll admit I'm a FB stalker, a blog hopper and love texting and of course talking on the phone. I've had to be very careful and not go over on my minutes! I'm addicted. I love my best friend, my elementary to high school friends, my college friends, I dearly miss my Boise friends and love my hood friends. Friends keep me laughing and going. I love GNO's too. Red Mango was delish last night!

19. Date night! Olive Garden! Breaking Dawn! Need I say more!

20. Hooray for Pay Day and especially hooray for my honey that makes the pay day possible. Mike is a dedicated, hard worker, a perfectionist and is always trying to be a better person. We are 2 days shy of his one year mark with http://www.onegreatfamily.com/. Phew,  it feels great to be employed!

3 comments:

Sasha Fisher said...

Yeah!!! you are having a girl....how fun. I love all the things you are thankful for. It so important to remember the small and simple things in life.

Seth and Julie said...

Another great post. I can't believe you are done with Christmas! We do all of it on black friday in one fatal swoop. Did Mike really go see Breaking Dawn with you for date night? Kudos to you Mike.

Julie L said...

Somehow missed this yesterday. Beautiful thoughts and great reminders of the importance of so many things we take for granted!