Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thankful Thinking Part III

21. My little turkeys!

Maddy: She is very sensitive much like her mom and her tears come very easy. Last night she came into our room upset because of a bad dream. She said she tried to think of something else but she couldn't get ride of the bad dream. We sent her back to bed and 30 minutes later she was back in our room sobbing because she didn't want to think about the bad dream. We've all had those dreams that won't go away and I felt so sorry for her. We went back into her room, turned on her primary songs, turned the lamp on and she was able to go back to sleep and so were mom and dad (eventually).
Jack: Pretty much like he is at home, this little turkey is always on the go or bouncing from here or there. He's fast, he runs everywhere, he teases, he is a talker and he is my little man. A couple weeks ago he was jumping from the 2nd floor banister to the landing in the middle of the stairs. He quickly learned this is not acceptable and he might end up in a body cast like his friend if he isn't careful. I've had many panic attacks lately about Jack. I pray my Heavenly Father is watching over him and that those bad dreams I've been having are just that-a dream.

And my 3rd little turkey. Lexi loved this activity so much! She keeps asking over and over again to paint her hand. Hopefully I haven't gotten myself in trouble!! She is so excited for her little sister to come and keeps asking to see her baby and give it hugs and kisses. She loves to watch movies. She often gets sad when her brother and sister run to the neighbors to play. She thinks she is as big as they are. She is a super picky eater and suddenly doesn't like red sauce on lasagna or spaghetti or pizza. Although, she loves broccoli! And she has a very good memory! Hopefully she won't give away Santa!

22. Flu shot. Several years ago when I made my husband get the flu shot the next day he lost his dinner, he vows never to get the flu shot again because the "one" time it gave him the flu. Little does he know the stomach flu and the flu are very different. But we'll let him believe what he wants to believe.  The kids and I are covered for the year.  I'm thankful for the measles shot, the chicken pox vaccination and the flu shot and all those many other shots that the doctors have you give your baby. My arm is killing me but it's worth not getting the real flu, even if my hubby doesn't think so!

23. Cooking. I am thankful I enjoy cooking. I'm doing a couple Thanksgiving preparations today, including Yams and Pecan Pie. Years ago I remember trying pecan pie for the first time and wondering why I had never tried it....it is so yummy and rich and something I look forward to every year. AND it smells heavenly baking right now!
24. Thanksgiving Day! We traveled over the river and through the woods to...the Ranch. While the turkey was cooking, the kids (and Tif and I) whipped up some of these edible turkey's! MMM, not sure how I managed to eat him after 3 pieces of pie but it was delish!

 Here's the helpers! I think Jack has a mouthful!

 And we did a little of this and a lot of that while at the Ranch. JACK loves to go to Grampa's house and play WII. He says Grampa is getting pretty good too! Especially with Lexi's help driving.

We especially loved when Great Grammie and Uncle Brody came...that meant it was almost time to eat!! Dinner was so good. Tif  was slaving away all day! I found a new favorite recipe for cranberry sauce, sorry the can stuff just doesn't cut it anymore! After Thanksgiving Dinner we had pie and played games and enjoyed a little R&R.

25.Thanksgiving break! Yay for no school. My kids love, love, love school but breaks are so welcome because I get to have them home with me! We stayed in Kamas for 2 nights and loved being on a vacation even if it was only an hour away. Kindof reminded us of the good ole days when we'd come for holidays from Boise.

26. Today I'm thankful for Christmas Lights on the house! Mike was heading up to the roof to finish the lights on the 2nd story and I begged him to come down. It was a LONG way up I could only imagine how far down it was. We'll borrow a better ladder and maybe get them up on the 2nd story or maybe we'll just leave them like this! Sometime this week, we'll get the tree out. I'm not really in a hurry this year with Thanksgiving so early.

27.Yay for sacrament meeting talks OVER! Thanks Brent and Julie for sitting with the kids especially the crazy one! It was nice to try and relax on the stand before speaking.

28. Shopping. Okay, I said I was done with my Christmas shopping, I really am for my kids. Just forgot a couple others and then you have the daily necessities that you have to have. We did a little before dropping Jack of at Kindergarten and then some after. Just love my shopping buddy!

29. Mary Kay business. I know I am not the typical MK consultant and I never wanted to be that. I just wanted to sell it to those that also love MK. I've been using MK since I can remember, probably 17. WOW that's 1/2 my lifetime. My favorite product is probably the microdermabrasion. love, love, love it! Thanks for all your orders and if you want to order please let me know! I'm not going for the pink caddy but love helping women and men feel beautiful. I wish my skin would stay young but it has other plans so I'm trying this and that to help it stay that way!
30. And a little video to sum up the whole month. I also used this in my gratitude lesson at the beginning of November. I just love the candid responses.

Thanks for sticking November out with me and reading or scanning or skipping my month to reflect on what I am thankful for.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the turkey hands!!!! What a treasure!

Seth and Julie said...

I talked to two people this week who had bad luck with those Oreo turkeys, but yours seemed to work out so it is good to see that it does work. I didn't know you sold MK. I grew up on the stuff since my neighbor sold it and loved some of it but my skin is SO dry that now the only thing that works on my face is the extra emoliient night cream. They used to have the absolute BEST mascara too. Never clumped and lasted FOREVER but they changed formulas about 8 years ago. I bet they have changed again and I switched but have never found anything else as good as that one was. Maybe they have brought it back now? I should give them another look.

Cam said...

I used the same video for my RS lesson! Great list- love Lexi's cute curls and the handprints are adorable. Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving- sounds like you stayed busy!

Laura said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving!! The turkey treats are adorable, so fun for the kids! I'm loving your bump, it is too cute!! Those major weight gains are crazy huh? I swear my belly got huge over the last three weeks, I am scared for what is to come. Ha!

Ann Marie said...

The turkey hands are so dang cute!
I have wanted to tell you that you and Mike both did great on your talks! :)