Monday, December 5, 2011

Zermott Getaway

Annual Price/Wilson Bash!
Destination: Zermott, Midway, Utah
Saturday morning we met for breakfast with Santa at Fanny's Grill at the Homestead. These little ladies hopped in Santa's Sleigh. The big man in red was found inside. 2 talked his ear off, 1 didn't want anything to do with him.




Maddy &  Jack jumped right up on Santa's lap and told him all they want for Christmas.
It took a lot of coaxing to get Lexi this close to Santa. She liked him from a far but this was as close as she was going to get!
Here's my cute parents sitting on Santa's lap.
Wonder what they asked Santa for?
Breakfast was super slow. But we didn't mind. Outside were ducks and geese swimming in the hot springs. Lexi loved the "goooose" Funny story at breakfast a little boy named West swore I was his mother. He screamed and screamed and pointed in my direction. Grandma finally gave in and he sat on my lap while she ate her breakfast. It was very dramatic again when she took him away.

After breakfast the kids decorated gingerbread houses.
Emma and Maddy showing everyone how to do it
 Josh helped Jack
And you guess what this little girl did most of. She enjoyed a little of this and a lot of sprinkles!
 And another cute picture of Steve and Tif.

 Next, we dressed up and had our Creche picture taken. Jack was afraid or didn't want to dress up. Taylor, Brody, Nick, Tia, Jake and Alex are missing. We wanted to go back and get another group picture but didn't have time. Here's 1/2 the group with the cows and baby Jesus. Maddy & Lexi were so excited to be angels and watch over the baby Jesus.



After breakfast, decorating houses and Creche pictures we headed to the condo at Zermott. We watched lots of football on a little TV, played games ~gotta love Ticket to Ride especially the team version and Blokus & Mario Brothers & Rook. I'm not such a fan of Bang! but the guys love it for some reason.  Later the girls went shopping at Swiss Christmas in Midway and then the little girls went swimming.

We came back and ate yummy chicken enchiladas for dinner and then opened gifts. We did a a gift exchange between the 15 of us that could make the trip. We missed Chad, Anna, Grey and Andrea. Mike took video but I didn't take any pictures.
Lexi loved her barbies and princess ball thingee
Jack got a remote control jeep and a dart gun
Maddy got a barbie and the game Blokus
Mike got a UofU t shirt
Kinz got yummy Bath and Body works soap/lotion and Christmas Vacation.
Funny story I gave to Nick who gave to me and we both gave each other Christmas Vacation!!

And then it was time for our present from mom and dad!
A Mexican Carnival Cruise leaving Nov 2012!!


Yay, we are all so excited. Although I'm torn. My baby will be about 8 months old.
I normally nurse til they are a year old.
And can I leave my baby?
And who will watch 4 kids. 
Grammie offered. She said she could do it no problem, although I hesitate leaving my children with a 93 year old woman! Not that she's not capable I just want her to be in one piece when I get back.
I still haven't made up my mind what to do. I want to go with the family. It'll be the same group as this weekend and the same group as Orlando.

Sigh, lots of decisions!

Back to our weekend: Sunday morning we slept in from staying up way to late playing games, billards, chess, watching tv and swimming. We enjoyed pancakes, eggs and sausage for breakfast. Played some more games, changed a flat tire...oops played through church and then headed up to the Ranch for lunch and more games.

Lexi loves men in general. Here she is snuggled up to Josh. Later that night when we were at home she said she missed Brody. She loves her uncles!

We came home with 3 sleeping children and it was almost 7pm. 1 went up to bed and slept with no problem (he was also the kid at midnight the night before who was crying telling Mom he wasn't tired and didn't want to go to bed:) Lexi and Maddy about 8pm asked for dinner, they ate a bowl of cereal and then attempted to go back to bed.

Mike and I hauled up the Christmas decorations. Yikes, Dec 4 and still nothing up. We've been so busy we haven't had time. Unfortunately the bottom of the tree base snapped in half and now our tree is on the family room floor. We hope super glue will hold it, if not tonight we might be tree shopping tree instead of decorating!

Thanks again Dad and Mom for a wonderful fun filled fantastic weekend!

4 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I am so jealous of all the fun family get togethers you guys have. How fun! How fun to get to go on a cruise together, but I totally feel your pain too. I have still never gone on a getaway without my kids and they are way older than 8 months old. Sometimes I think I might be ready but then I chicken out. Don't stress about it yet though. I am sure you will get to a place where you are ready for it, or you won't, and that is not the end of the world either. Good luck though, and keep the Christmas cheer coming.

Laura said...

What a fun weekend Kinz!! Sounds like a great way to kick off Christmas. I'm sure you will get all your decor up this week and have some little helpers dying to assist you. That's a tough one with the cruise! I feel guilty having my mom just watch 1 when we go on a trip. Are you thinking about taking them along with you?

Wilson Family said...

Kinz!! Oh How I just love reading your blog!! I'm so glad we were able to spend a weekend with you guys! We sure had fun!! I love your cute kids! We will have to come down soon!! Miss you guys already!!

Cam said...

A cruise sounds awesome! Maybe you'll be able to pump while you're gone and won't have to give up the breastfeeding all together if you're not ready to. Looks like you had lots of family fun!