Thursday, August 23, 2012

$2 Buck Tuesday

Sometimes it kills me how cheap I am. But sometimes it ends up being a lot of fun. Thanksgiving Point has $2 Buck Tuesdays and let me tell you everyone is remembering it. This year we decided to hit the Dinosaur Museum because the farm last year was so crowded. My friend Camille, said the Dino's has been crazy in the past also. So we braved the crowds and went anyway.

On the the way we decided to try out "kids eat free on Tuesdays" at IKEA. I probably wouldn't have waited in line if I knew truly how long the line would take. It really wasn't worth the free meal in my opinion, I've never been a big fan of IKEA food. My friends Clairesse and Camille and 12 kiddos and I braved the crowds. We were at IKEA for almost 2 hours eating lunch and then headed to see the Dino's. Dino's was crowded but who can blame all of us crazies for going on $2 day. I paid $8 for me and the kids instead of paying $66 for a standard admission. Ya, I'm cheap!! But not sure I would have had the same experience paying $66 bucks!

Here are some of the pictures Camille took. I brought my camera but not a memory card so therefore no pictures! Bummer but thanks for sharing Camille.

A giant pit to dig and play in the sand and water and look for dinosaurs!
See how you measure up compared to a dino.
The kids found that if you all jumped at once the scale went down further. They jumped and jumped although the weight always ended up being the same.

 
And then being attacked by the shark? I guess he is considered a dino too?

And after playing in another sand pit and looking for dino bones we talked the kids into going to icecream. $.50 can't be beat for a big cone! Ally enjoyed it!
And of course Lexi did!
Big thanks to Laura for following Lexi all around the museum, she was the oldest of the group (a whopping 8 years old) but loved the challenge Lexi offered her.
We thought about going to cousins house after T-Point but we were tired after a long day so we headed home. Lexi feel asleep on the drive home and when she woke up in the garage and not at Karsyn's house she was so MAD!
I made up for it and took them swimming at 7 peaks the next day. We've enjoyed our 7 peaks pass. never took the camera to prove it but it was well worth the $9.99 season pass!
3 more days of summer. Off to make more memories.

3 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

$2 for $66 worth of fun! That is a steal! Battling the crowds is worth it with all the money you saved. Enjoy your last days of summer.

Julie L said...

Fun days for you. Hooray for packing in a few more wonderful summer memories before the school bells ring! Glad you got these photos. They're great.

Cam said...

Thanks for the invite for this crazy, fun day. We are so glad to have such great neighbors and besties!