Our school is participating in a new program highlighting the 7 habits of highly effective people.
They are implementing each of the habits in the classroom and then each month selecting students that meet that habit. The first habit is "Be Proactive" Jack and several classmates were chosen. The Principal gave each child a certificate and then read why they were chosen. Jack was "caught" picking up garbage outside at recess.
Way to go Jack! Keep up the good work.
Jack and Mrs Larsen
4 comments:
A few weeks ago I was bringing in groceries and Ally ran to the car and said, "I want to be proactive for you!" She started to carry bags in. I decided then I was a big fan of the 7 steps! Anytime she needs some coaxing, I bring up the word proactive, and it kicks her into gear. How fun that Jack got an award. Loved all your halloween costumes too, bytheway.
P.S. nothing to do with your post- but if you talk to your dad- let him know we're still waiting for info on the garage door. Someone came out to measure and said they would call us on Monday, but we haven't heard anything yet. :)
I love the 7 habits. One of my favorite books I have read of all time. Way to go Jack!!!! And so good to see Aaron. We miss him at our school. :)
Yay for getting caught doing something good. Sounds like an interesting thing to incorporate in to the schools.
What a positive thing for the school to do, and way to go Jack! We're so proud of you for choosing to do good things!
Post a Comment