Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012

Halloween 2012
Thanks Brent and Julie for babysitting and taking this bunch to your annual Trunk of Treat.
Let the candy season begin!!
Pumpkin Carvings
Lexi, Jack, Maddy
Mike's Grim Reaper
Our Little Devil or debel as she calls it:)
Butterfly
 And our very own Jack...in a box

 He choose to be the Jack in a box, although today to go to school he wanted nothing of it. He went in his clothes. He really didn't even want to go to school but I told him if he didn't go to school he would have to stay home tonight and not go trick or treating. Mean Mom huh. He said he didn't want to dress up because people would laugh at him. Oh no, is this starting all ready. I hope not!

DISCLAIMER: So I did this post this morning and about 9:30am, Mrs Larsen called and guess who wanted his costume. Go figure. EVERYONE thought it was super cool and wanted to try out his box. Not sure what all the fuss was this morning but oh well.
Little Devil and our Sweet Angel
The little devil and angel and I went to the rehab center and enjoyed lunch with Grammie and then went to the school to help out with the class parties. Didn't help much but loved seeing the party's! Lexi thinks they are as much her party as the class'.
 
Then we waited and waited and finally the kids parade arrived. Here's our kidds. Lilly had had it, so we left early. Heck , I had had it too!


 
And some more costumes from our Monster Mash party.
The Nerds

 
Here are our guests.
We didn't officially vote on best dressed.
There were so many good ones!
 
Prince William and Princess Kate
Indiana Jones and Dr. Elsa Schneider
Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog
Adam and Eve
Mexicans and their baby (Lilly)
Tacky Tourists
Sox fans
Yo Gabba Gabba and Bumble Bee
Thing 1 and Thing 2

We enjoyed some great games. Guess who you are. Our go-to game (not sure what its called but we got it from Megan). Clue (although I wish I would have known to clean the house better everyone was walking all over looking for clues), Toilet Paper on a broom. Reverse Charades. (Honestly the funnest game --can't wait to give it to someone for Christmas). We also enjoyed yummy treats and fun friends.

LILLY on the other hand was a handful and I spent more time upstairs trying to get her to go to sleep than enjoying the party. Everyone really took a turn with her. She just wanted to be part of the action. She finally nursed and fell to sleep at 10:30 after the party was over. I guess the girl just wanted to be included.


4 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Your kids costumes are darling!

So sad about Jack. Kids are so mean.. and it is sad that he is already worrying about it.
I would have done the same thing about school.. so if your mean.. then I am too!

The party was so much fun.. and we are grateful we are friends!

Seth and Julie said...

Jack in the box is so creative. Lame that kids have to worry about bullies and being made fun of. I am trying to teach my son to just embrace who he is and not care what other people say to him but as a kid that seems impossible. They all look great and the nerd costumes are pretty funny too. I am jealous of your Halloween party ever year. I need to have one one of these days.

Julie L said...

I think I know the why re Jack. I'll have to tell you about it. Glad he finally decided it was such a great "costume" for him. I see some double costumed children here! Sorry we didn't get to see the second round tonight. We missed getting with you, but were so grateful we got them Saturday. Love you all and think the costumes are all terrific!

Cam said...

Thanks for hosting- we had a wonderful time! Hope you're up to doing it next year, because we are already throwing around some ideas about costumes :)
So many fun ideas.... so little time.
Thanks again!