Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Kids say the darnedest things

When we were out sailing in the Mexican Riviera Mike and I stayed up for the late show and it was LAME! Oh well, it prompted this title of this blog after the title of his comic show "Kids say the darnedest things.'" It was a kid friendly show and even the comedian admitted afterwards that his stuff is all potty humor and not really that funny so imagine a show without his bests and ya it was LAME. He picked several kids out of the audience and asked them questions. It really wasn't funny what they would say but he'd turn it around and make fun of what the kid said or what their parents named him. One kid had a weird name and even weirder sibling names.

Anyway, I was blog browsing and saw that cousin Kara put some of the funny phrases her kids say. I've been meaning to write this down for weeks and haven't so thanks Kara for helping me to remember.

Lexi refers to Lilly as her. I guess she is possessive, isn't her a possessive noun? IDK, don't ask me, English was not my best subject in school. This is what Lexi says Her is hungry mom, her is eating the newspaper (she must lack a vitamin in her diet that is found in paper because she LOVES it), her is playing in the toilet (yep gotta leave the door shut these days:), her doesn't want that, her wants me to hold her, her, her, her.

Lexi does not like to be corrected and insists that she cannot say the word "she."  I find myself repeating her bad grammar, Grammie would not be happy.  Apparently Lexi takes after her Mother. So these days we are all trying to speak better and use our proper pronouns.

In other news, Lexi is officially a Sunbeam. She loves to sing Jesus wants me for a sunbeam! She jumps up when she sings sunbeam! She loves her new teachers also.  One week in and she hasn't asked to go back to Nursery and play. Although, she did give her old teachers a hug and asked them if they missed her. Yep, she is pretty cute and quirky. And who doesn't love Lexi.


 Even this one LOVES Lexi. Not sure when Lexi started picking up Lilly in this position but its been several  months. I  am not a huge fan, in fact it scares me but its better than Lexi putting her arms around Lilly's neck (Lexi's arms are under Lilly's).
Oh and this started last week too. Lilly LOVES it! She really loves Lexi too.


So glad to have my little girls home. It gets really lonely when Lexi is at preschool and it's just Lilly home. So glad, I was prompted to have another! I'm sure these girls will be best of friends too!

Lexi has been going to a preschool that Jack went to. I LOVE Miss Linda and so does Lexi. Mrs Shepherd offers a 4 year old preschool, some of her new sunbeam buddies will be going to the 4 year old class in addition LOTS of new friends that will be going to Kindergarten with her. SO do I keep Lexi with Miss Linda or do I move her to Mrs Shepherd? When I asked Lexi what she wanted to do she said " I want Paxton and Tanner to come to Miss Linda's with me!" Perfect solution for her, unfortunately they have already enrolled in Mrs Shepherds class. What would you do?



6 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Aren't they too cute together! Too bad I was never prompted to have another one because I am going to be insanely lonely when Chloe goes to school next year, but I guess in the end, no matter how many I had there would have been that inevitable day when the baby went to school but I admit that I am jealous of anyone who still has more years of stay at home kids left. Alex also always said her instead of she, even when we would tell him to repeat after us he would changes all of our shes to hers and it was so cute.

Julie L said...

Darling post!

What would I do? Leave her where she's at. Young children make friends so fast. At this age I think it's just important to let them have experiences that are friendly and comfortable. Sounds like she's getting those where she's at.

Ann Marie said...

I think it's darling that lex calls her "her." Too cute.

I think either choice you make -- she will be good. :)

Unknown said...

I always make my choices on whatever is easy and whatever makes her (lol) and you happier. I love the smile on Lily when Lexi is holding her like that, it looks like she loves it!

Kara said...

Adorable! I love how the photos of the girls toting Lilly. Good luck on figuring out preschool!

Cam said...

They're such sweet sisters!
Good luck with the preschool decision. I would suggest doing whatever makes it easiest on you!