1.
The 2013 New Year Fitness
Challenge!
Object: Earn more points than anyone else
Dates: January 7 – February
17How to earn points:
1. Earn one point for staying within your calorie goals per day. You set your own goal based on your fitness needs.
2. Earn one point for each 30 minutes of exercise. Points max out at 12 per week (6 hours of exercise per week may be counted.)
3. Earn one point for eating 5 servings of fruits and/or vegetables every day (one serving is 1 cup of leafy greens, or ½ cup fresh or cooked. One whole fruit (ie. one apple, banana, orange, etc.) is also one serving. Or earn two points daily if you meet the 5-a-day goal, and three or more of your servings are vegetables that day.
4. Earn one point for getting 7 or more hours of sleep per day.
BONUS POINTS: 25 points at the end of the challenge if you
achieve your fitness goal. It has to be measurable in time or weight, and for
your own good should be a bit of a challenge: ie “I will lose 15 pounds by the
end of the challenge” or “I will run a 5K in X number minutes.” or “I will not
drink soda for 12 weeks.”
Come on and join us!! It’ll be a great way to put fitness on
the priority list, and get some fun competition in as well.So far so good. I'm on day 3 and feel good. My workout buddies kids have pink eye so we've been solo working out. Mike gave me several new DVD's for Christmas and then I have my favs of p90x. I also have a treadmill if I need extra motivation. I played basketball with Rachel last night and it was so fun! Mike didn't officially join the challenge but he is doing it with me. He was worried about the 7 hours of sleep. Lilly has been sick and up several times at night, but we've figured out if we go to bed early we can still keep on track.
BTW, Jack scored 5 baskets aka 10 points at his basketball game on Saturday. He is doing so well. The school called yesterday and I missed the call. I frantically called back and Jack was still in the office, he called to tell me that his tooth was loose. LOL. With the flu going around like crazy I was worried of something much worse, I had to giggle. I guess when it's your 2nd tooth loose it IS a BIG deal.
2.
Sit up straight. I have a tendency to slouch. I can hear Sharon in the background, "sit up your slouching."
3.
Read. I have been on a slump lately. Not reading anything. The Ensign's sit nicely and don't get opened, so do my scriptures and so do the books I borrow from the library. I'll admit having a baby makes it tricky but I can do some!
4.
I loved my friend Camille's goal last year and it has stuck with me all year. So this year I'd like to challenge myself to make meaningful memories. Her goal was to spend less money on things and more money on life experiences. We are headed to Cali in the spring and will for sure hit Sea World and maybe Disneyland. I need to get the kids on board and have them earn their way. Maybe my house will seem less chaotic and messy too.
5.
Scrapbooks/History. My kids LOVE looking at their scrapbooks. 4 has been a huge task. BUT I also love doing it, so I need to drag out all my stuff and make my front room another scrapbook center. Probably next week, Mike has Klondike an overnight scout camp. I also should support my husbands calling more. I need to pray lots for that one!
6.
Date Mike
These were from last year. I like'd them so much I should work on them this year!
7.
LOVE: I've been thinking about this resolution a lot lately. It was brought up at church on New Year's Day. I want to show my husband that I love him. I am trying better at being a loving mom. I need to show them I love them. Love being close to family and want to spend more time with extended family.
8.
Nurture: Kind of goes along with love but I also want to nurture my kids. Spend time reading with them, take them out on one on one dates, spend time with them individually and help them learn and grow.
9.
Home: Make our home as if it were a temple. Temple: Get there more often even if it means waking up early and going before the family is awake.
10.
Be a better mother, wife, friend, visiting teacher, friend and person.
4 comments:
Good goals! Good luck with the 6 week challenge. I have friends who do that every year but I am too much of a pig to join in. I was also telling Seth we need to date this year. We usually go out once or twice a year because I am wimpy about leaving the kids but they are old enough now that I need to get over it.
Great goals! -- But some of them I see you do already -- silly woman!
Your always making memories! Your a great example of that! Don't think differently of yourself!
Agree with Ann Marie - you are terrific at making great memories. Love your goals. Best of luck with all of them. The seven hours sleep has me all in a bind - unfortunately it's the one area I really don't have complete control over. I go to bed early and wake up early, not rested, but what do you do when the brain won't shut off? Sigh. Maybe I can get a nap today? Anyway, my goal for 2013 is to quit making everything about me, and look, I already didn't do that. Sorry.
Those really are all great goals!
Love your goals.
It's been fun being part of the fitness challenge, it's already pushed me to get up and moving a few times this week.
A family trip to San Diego sounds fabulous. If things ever go south for Kevin's job, I think we'd look for a practice to buy into there. Your kids will love Seaworld!
And I too love challenging myself to invest in memories, rather than things- I think that will be a lifetime goal of mine. I never want to stop having new experiences!
Happy new year! 2013 is gonna be great.
Post a Comment