July as always is a very busy month. This July was no exception. Here is a little bit of what we have been up to when I didn't have the camera.
July 3
We spent the afternoon at Grammies and then went to the cemetery to let balloons go to heaven. I think Lexi understood this year where Grandma Brooke is by this simple gesture. It was fun to watch the balloons disappear into the sky. Maybe this will be a new tradition for us.
Our neighbors are building a pizza oven in their backyard. This is where the wood will be stored. The kids all climbed in. Haven't seen the finished product yet but if this is where the wood is stored, I can only imagine how big the pizza oven will be.
Oakley Rodeo.
IT POURED and POURED and POURED. I never knew one could get so cold in July. These 2 were good sports and wanted to stay and watch the bulls--which is the end of the rodeo. Anna, Bridget and Nicholas chickened out and left really early. Great Grandma Price stayed to see the bulls too along with Buddy and Tif.
I threw in jackets at the last minute thinking we wouldn't need them. So glad I did.
New canisters. I have since removed the tags and filled them with flour and sugar. What should I put in the 3rd? Thanks Jill. Love them.
Mike's brother from Maryland was in town, we left to go get icecream and saw a double rainbow. And then a picture of the crazy cousins getting icecream at Thanksgiving Point. It's $0.25 a cone!

Salt lake has had about 17 days in 100'+ weather. Our little pool has been a life saver. Don't mind that someone swims in the nude:)
Becky & Toby from AZ were visiting family in Utah and we got to sneak in a night with them at Brick Oven for dinner and then a session at the temple. As usual it was so wonderful to see them. We miss them so much!

On the way to swim lessons I rear ended another car. Scared me to death, luckily all We both got was a couple scratches.

Swim lessons. We survived. 6 weeks in the sun. Or I should say Lilly survived. But LEXI is swimming!
Cotton candy

Bees game with G&G Buddy, Emma and Alex & Jake. It was so fun.














2 comments:
That was a busy month. I love the idea of letting balloons off in memory of your mother. So sweet. Definitely make that a yearly tradition.
I also love the balloon thing. My friend's husband passed away when their kids were 6 and 2 so they always write messages and send them to dad on holidays and birthdays and I think it is a great way to help them feel connected to him. I think it is really beautiful that you make sure they remember their angel grandma as well as the ones they have here on earth.
Post a Comment