Monday, November 25, 2013

Pecan Pie

I remember seeing Pecan Pie growing up and thought there was no way in heck I was going to try that. I am not sure when I gave into temptation but I am so GLAD I did. This is one of my favorite things including turkey, yams, rolls and pumpkin pie. Just thought I'd share the recipe with you in case you need a go to Pecan Pie Recipe!

1 c white corn syrup
1c brown sugar

1/3 c melted butter
1 c heaping pecans
3 large eggs beaten
1 tsp Vanilla and a dash of salt
Mix all ingredients well and pour into unbaked 9" shell bake 350' 45-50 min

This recipe makes 2 crusts.
2 c flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 c butter
1/2 c shortening
Mix together with fingers til shortening is blended.
Add 6 Tbl orange juice add liquid little by little don't over handle or crust is too hard. Divide into 2 balls.
The crust is my Grandma's recipe.
 
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

My mom loves pecan pie but I am not a fan. Maybe I should try it again now that I am older and have more refined taste buds.

Julie L said...

My favorite!