Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thankful Thinking Part 3


21. Today I'm thankful for running water in my kitchen sink. We ripped out the counter tops on Monday and the installing of granite started yesterday but I didn't get running water til tonight. I love how handy Mike is. I am so grateful for modern technology that we don't have to go to the well and pump water or walk with water on our heads. It's clean, drinkable, and automatic with the pull of a handle. I'm also in LOVE with my new sink. It is deep, big, clean and I'm actually excited about doing the dishes again. I also love the new disposal and the faucet.
The desk section to the right of the fridge is new and I wish I could say complete. I hope this week they come and put in the drawers, handles and lower cabinents, it's only been like this for 5 weeks.  I LOVE my granite! Ok, the whole kitchen really.

22. I am thankful for grocery stores. I like to grow a garden but if I had to grow enough food for us to consume I think I would be just a little bit overwhelmed. Today the little girls and I went to the store. My girls are such good shoppers, Lexi loves to help me and we always end up with a couple extra things that weren't on the list! We stocked up and are ready for Thanksgiving!

23. I think we have hit a record for the number of times we have had a babysitter in one month! We are at 3 and have another date set up next week. My budget hurts just thinking about it but I love spending one on one time with Mike. Tonight we went to Catching Fire and then dinner with friends. I am grateful for babysitters! Young and old and for a first my baby didn't cry when I left her!

24. Today I'm grateful for prayer. I forgot until I walked into sacrament that I was asked to give the opening prayer. Butterflies immediately filled my stomach but I think the opening prayer is much better than stewing all meeting about giving the closing prayer. As a family we went to Tithing Settlement later and the Bishop talked to each of us about saying prayers; individually, as a family, as a couple and at meal times. I can do so much more than I do. Today I'm thankful that my Heavenly Father listens to my prayers, and doesn't get too upset when I fall asleep saying them.

25. Love my girls. I do not have a blood sister and admit in my adult life it is the time I wish I had one more than anything.  I am so grateful I have 3 girls that can carry each other through the hard times in life, through the happy times and of course to share clothes with! The older girls were playing "Just Dance" and Lilly wanted to dance along too.

26. I'm grateful for a wonderful husband that never complains about my good or bad cooking, that lets me put my cold feet on his warm legs at night, that enjoys my humour, that laughs when I laugh, that is sweet, and sensitive and romantic and my best friend. 14 years of marriage and many more great years to come.

27. Today I'm grateful for no school. Don't get me wrong I love school but I also love school breaks. It's a change from the day to day routine and the start of a long weekend. Mike will be home soon and we are off to spend Thanksgiving and Grama and Grampa!  I'm just as excited as the kids are. 
Here they are rocking the thanksgiving crafts they made at school.

28. Beautiful day! Wonderful food! And my family. What else could a girl ask for! 
Chad, jack, Brody.

Jack got invited to go shooting with the boys today. He wasn't much more than a spectator but did get to shoot once, although one shot was 2 bullets and he flew backwards. The gun shot both shells at one time giving double the kick! Jack loved every minute of his bonding time with Brody, Chad, Dad and Grampa.
Grampa buddy with Lexi and maddy. Lilly took a log nap, she was up all night with the hives! 
Hanging with Grammie.
Playing games after pie! 


29. Today I'm grateful for family time. After a little morning shopping by mom, basketball practice with dad at the church and a leftover turkey sandwich, we ventured to Hollywood connections. We roller skated (1st for Lexi), played mini golf (the longest game of my life), bumper cars, carousel, and then some arcades! We all had a blast. I think it's been 20 years since I've roller skated! I'm happy to say I stayed on 2 feet all night! 



30. I'm grateful for my Saviour, reflecting back on these 30 days I see his hand in each and every day. I'm blessed with so much. I have much to be grateful for and need to count my blessings every day. Grateful for a reminder this month to be thankful for all that I have.  

1 comment:

Julie L said...

We missed you so much this week. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Love the photos, and even more, love the expressions of gratitude.