Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thankful Thinking Part 2

11. I do not proclaim to be a wonderful cook but I am thankful I can cook! I love tried and true recipes from friends and relatives, I love my classic recipes and new recipes,  I loves
 learning new things-Sunday I made gravy! I  appreciate learning spaghetti sauce and pie crust, peaches and pears, salsa, ice cream and everything in between. Tonight for dinner we had whole wheat bread and broccoli cheese soup. And as usual one child (usually the same one) didn't even try it.
12. My dad claims I am highly creative. I am thankful for my craftiness! Me and 11 others enjoyed a craft night.
Isn't Tom turkey darling! I have always wanted one and am glad to have him in my Thanksgiving collection!
13. I am thankful for talents of others. Today 3 of us have cuter and shorter hair. It's amazing what a hair cut can do. ESP Lillian she was sporting a mullet! Wishing I had gone in sooner her haircut is darling!
14. I am thankful for organization. My construction project isn't finished yet (getting close) today I had fun organizing in my new space. I like everything to have a place and an organized house makes me happy!
15.I am also thankful for a clean house. I love vacuum lines and the smell of laundry and the dishwasher. While these tasks are never ending I am grateful I have the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. If I do these things while  mike is at work and the kids are at a
School we have more time to play. I'm a believer in  chores and am fearful for children who work hard. 


16. Last night I told Lexi she might wake up to snow. This morning I heard her shutters open and she squealed with delight because it was snowing!! I am thankful for 4 seasons. I am thankful for the beauty that each season provides and ESP for my Heavenly Father for creating the world that we are able to enjoy. 

I am also thankful for this mountain. Mount Olympus is gorgeous! ESP w new fallen snow. I love looking out the kitchen window at Gram's and seeing it. 



17. I am thankful for Sunday dinners! Usually on fast Sunday we have dinner at the ranch and at least once a month (sometimes more) we have dinner in lehi with mikes fam. Sometimes we can even talk the family into venturing WAY up north for dinner at our house. We all love family fun, wonderful food and time with grandparents and cousins. Last week while ate ranch jack found a cat, while exploring the kids discovered she was a mother and had 7 kittens. 



18. I am grateful for my handy husband. I was siting at the kitchen table and the light above my head came crashing down. Well kinda but it was scary. He started fit telling with it and had it back up and working. He also did our demolition if the kitchen and now gets to put it back together! 


19. I am grateful for night out with the kids. We had Jr jazz tickets to see the Jazz play. We left the little girls home with a babysitter and had a great time with these two-even if Maddy only wanted to play sudoku on my phone and jack wanted to be out in the hall shooting baskets.
And yes we were in the nose bleed section. Only one row behind us! 


20. I am grateful for wonderful friends. I am blessed with many from here to there and everywhere in between. It may sound silly but I love hearing about them via Facebook, Instagram, and those few who still blog. I also look forward to Christmas cards in the mail soon. Are you on my list? If not send me your address! Thanks for keeping me in the loop on your lives. Thanks also for helping a friend out with watching the kids while I run to the dentist, or take kids from here to there. I'm so blessed to have wonderful friends.

3 comments:

Julie L said...

Sweet post - and there it is - a sneak peak of your new counter tops! Love them! So glad you get to have them.

Mt. Olympus - I grew up loving the view of that mountain from my own Grandma's window, too. She didn't live too far from your Grandma so we have a shared experience there. It has always been one of my favorites of the entire range (along with Timpanogos now) and I know it's because of the sweet memories I have of being in my dear Grandma's kitchen. And yes, you were in the nose bleed section. But what a fun night for all!

Cam said...

You should proclaim to be a wonderful cook, because you are!
Love the tom turkey and a chance to get with girlfriends. I'm a bit like Rach, not a crafter, but call it a "girls night" and I'm there. :)
The sneak peek of your granite is beautiful. That will transform the look of your whole downstairs- you'll love it!
If you need some kitchen organization ideas, come over. I've come across some great ones and I am loving all of my drawers and cupboards right now. Working for someone who was truly OCD about cleaning gave me a lot of great tips. And it does make my life run smoother and happier. Each week my cleaning is taking less and less time as I put good systems in place. So yay, you're right, more time to play! I don't profess to be anywhere near organized, but I'm learning and I'm seeing the calming, happy effect.
Happy Thanksgiving month.

Seth and Julie said...

Can we get a look at the new haircuts? I love the look at the kitchen. I admit to being a little bit jealous. I wanted to re-do our kitchen but we have dumped too much in to this house already so I think the dream kitchen will have to wait for the next house, or forever maybe?