Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Five is Fabulous

Lexi has been asking for weeks if it was her birthday yet. She knows we have to celebrate Valentine's Day and then we have grandparent, aunts & cousins birthday and then its her turn! She loves turning the calendar to March to see her picture on #6!


She woke up and wanted cereal for breakfast. How boring! I offered to treat her to anything she'd like. But cereal is simple for me! Lexi got to open a new outfit and wore it to preschool. At school, she brought the treat "Birthday Oreo's" and they made her a train poster and sang in addition to the days activities.


After lunch we went to Smith's to get balloons. They are offering a free sundae on your birthday. She got serenaded, scared, hide but enjoyed the attention. Lexi & Lilly ran the balloons all over the house.


I let her open another present because I needed it to decorate the cake!
And then before her friends came over I let her open another present to wear for the party.She knew instantly what was in the box! She is obsessed with the movie Frozen. She can sing every word to Let it Go along with the others on the soundtrack. It really is a family favorite movie. We can't wait til the 18th when it comes out on DVD!

She is unwrapping for those who don't know, an Elsa dress. Elsa is the sister in the movie Frozen that freezes everything. She wears a blue dress. Elsa is quite popular. I searched EVERYWHERE for Frozen stuff. My sweet friend Ali made her the Elsa dress because I wasn't willing to pay what the "going" rate on Amazon was. At one time they were $199 and went up to $699. Same story for the toys that I got. And anything and everything at any store is bare shelves, sometimes you can find an Anna doll but rarely anything with Elsa on it.She's the favorite among the girls! Especially Lexi.

On a side note, the following day she was going to eat chicken nuggets for lunch, I asked her to take of the Elsa dress because we don't eat in dress ups. She said Mom it's not a dress up, I'm Elsa! I said well Elsa take off the dress because I don't want ketchup on it. She was crushed! I then explained to her she could put it back on after lunch and she was so happy!
She is pretty excited about her new dress! She did ask me if the other boxes had gloves in it or white hair. To her surprise a friend gave her some gloves but as for the hair, maybe at Halloween we can find a wig. It's hard to tell but she requests "an Elsa braid" every day. I try to mix things up but for sure on her fabulous 5th birthday we created an Elsa braid!
She modeled it and hung out by Olaf who is also in the movie Frozen. I found an image on Disney's website and had it blown up. For the party, the kids were blindfolded and played pin the nose on Olaf with a carrot nose. Huge hit!
And here is Lexi in front of her Frozen shrine! Mike made snowflakes--he's pretty amazing at everything crafty!  On Pinterest I saw a white cake ball donut tree cake and she wanted that for her cake. Lexi isn't a huge cake fan, but donuts oh yeah! We made a cake for her family party after her Frozen party. It was tasty. Especially because I am on day 8 without sugar. I can have one "cheat" for the week and you bet I choose a BIG piece of cake! It was so moist and delicious and worth every bite even if it set me back for 2 days trying to get the white flour out of my system. 
Her friends finally arrived. We made crowns & edible Olaf's. Here's Lexi's friends! With the exception of Payten who was sick.
Brooks
Abby
Layla
Tanner
Alexis
"Little" Ally  as Lexi calls her
Martie
The kids played Freeze Dance, did a sing along to Let it Go, and then ate donuts! It was a hit. We had blue punch and played games. It was a fun party! Lexi loved every minute of it!

We made Olaf Pizzas for dinner. The kids made there own pizza with English Muffins. They were yummy! I bought whole wheat muffins for the Super in Six challenge contestants. They were so good! Can't wait to make some again and so simple too!

And of course time for presents. She got 2 Anna dolls (because you can usually find Anna), Barbie's, Hello Kitty coloring purse, dress ups, shoes including fancy high heels, an Elsa lunch box to keep all her Frozen things in, Frozen coloring books, Dot to Dots, & Despicable Me 2.

And time for cake! Although, Lexi ate so many donuts she only wanted ice cream no pizza even for her! She insisted she wanted 5 big scoops!

She made a big wish!
After dinner and cake we watched Despicable Me 2. It is really cute. She also loves the Minions.

We waited for Uncle Brody to come join the party but he was working until way late.  Lexi spent the whole weekend with Grampa & Grama Buddy at the Ranch. They ate ice-cream, swam at the rec center, went to the Lego movie, went shopping, cleaned the church and played non stop.


Tif said every time they would get in the car to go somewhere Lexi would fall asleep. They wore her out! Sunday after church we went to the Ranch for dinner and games and hanging out.What a weekend. Happy Birthday Lexi!

And 5 things I love about Lexi
1. middle child--Lexi doesn't mind being the middle child. She adores her little sister who isn't always very nice to Lexi. Lilly pulls handfuls of hair out of Lexi's hair, she pushes Lexi off mom's lap when I'm reading a story to Lexi, who doesn't share but Lexi is always sweet and goes with the flow. She loves to play with Jack, they play DS's and watch Scooby Doo.
2. She loves to play. She has hit the age where I'm ok with her going to friends houses and not being a mess or a bother to the mother. She constantly wanting to play! All of her friends that came to the party she is always playing with. Doesn't matter the gender or the age (Layla is 3 and Ally is 6) she loves to be social!
3. Sing- She is constantly singing. She of course loves Frozen but also makes up her own songs. She loves to watch movies and every movie has a theme song that she sings right along to. She entertains herself and makes up her own songs.
4. beautiful-I told Mike Lexi may be our child that challenges us. She has a personality that isn't shy, isn't afraid and loves to do something she has never done before. She is beautiful inside and out and those blue eyes especially with mom's make up on and smelling ( a little too much with moms perfume).
5. enthusiastic--she loves everything although she is quite the picky eater! she talks all through dinner and then is upset she can't leave the table because she hasn't eaten anything. She eats and eats and eats all afternoon I believe stocking up so she doesn't have to eat dinner. She loves church, she loves playing outside & with friends, she loves helping mom and is always enthusiastic about doing (almost) anythign I ask her to.

I'm so grateful for Lexi in our family. She keeps us rolling! Her knock knock jokes are one of a kind. When she was gone all weekend, we all missed her! We really had a whole, and I kept looking for the 4th child! It's weird to always have 4 and then suddenly have 3, makes you think someone is missing!

Jack tried to get to come along on her weekend. She said "Mom, I am not going to go to Buddy's house unless Jack can come" I said Jack don't even do that! She was just trying to include him in her fun weekend!

5 comments:

Julie L said...

Thanks for sharing. Makes my heart break that we were unable to share any of the fun with you, but dividing ourselves was apparently not an option. Looks like she had a wonderful party and the dress turned out fabulous!!!!! Loved the marshmallow Olafs. You came up with a load of darling ideas to make it the Frozen party of the century!

Cam said...

Happy Birthday Lexi Lou! Can't believe she's already 5. We love having her hang at our house. I still haven't seen Frozen, but it sounds very cute!

Seth and Julie said...

I love the Frozen themed party! And Mike really is crafty. Those snowflakes are far more impressive than the junky ones I cut out. I can't believe how much Elsa dresses were selling for. WOW! Chloe got one for her birthday in December but it was $29, I think. We must have gotten it before the mad rush began. The homemade one is very pretty though and will probably stand the test of time better than the store bought one. It's too bad we do not live closer. I think Chloe and Lexi would be a great pair, although we may be safer with them on opposite sides of the country.

Stephanie said...

Sounds like she had a perfect day! Sad we missed the fun.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.