Monday, April 21, 2014

Super In Six

Mike and I along with 5 other teams and family have been participating in a fitness challenge called Super In Six. The program has been 6 weeks long and helps us to be well SUPER! Each day we aquired points by eating good foods and exercising along with reading scriptures and saying prayers and then at the end of the week we weighed in and reported our stats. Each week, Raylene would pull all of our numbers together and give us a spreadsheet telling us how we did compared to the group. I believe we had 34 people participating from all ages and weights and fitness levels all over the USA.

I love how the challenge also included points for reading scriptures and prayer to your week. In addition to eating good food and not eating bad foods that we all know we should not be eating. You get points for exercising each day, points for eating fruits and veggies and points for not eating after 8.

Mike & I have both put on some "winter" weight and even though we regulary work out our diet didn't refelect it. We were challenged to not eat some foods and challenged to eat others. Mike said that he appreciated me helping him get his points each day--IF he stuck to my food list he stayed perfect. He did have a scout camp overnighter that made the challenge hard the first week. BUT we both stayed strong and tried to live by the rules. I scored a perfect score every week. I love challenges like this-give me rules and I'll stick by them. Some weeks we had a fun bonus to keep us on our toes. Each week we were allowed one cheat or one food off the bad list, I did have a cheat for 1/2 of the challenge, but after eating cake on Lilly's birthday and gaining 3 pounds overnight I decided to not cheat for the second 1/2 of the challenge. I was very happy with my results! and so was Mike.

I lost 7 pounds and Mike lost 15. All of us that competed against each other lost almost 300 pounds in 6 weeks. Amazing. Mike told his scouts at church that he lost weight and someone replied well your clothes do look baggier. Lol. They do. He even went to another belt loop to keep his pants on.


Mike has further plans to keep strong and fit this summer he will be participating in Ragnar. I'm a wimp and need my sleep so opted out of running but hope he'll let me train with him. 

I'm grateful despite my aching muscles and bones that I can work hard and get great results. And just in time for summer!! Thanks Julie for inviting me to join your challenge. 

Challenge ended last Monday and I think this spring break weekend I've gained all my weight back. Time to hit the ground  tomorrow!

BTW, Raylene just emailed me and is doing Fit in Four which starts 5/12 and lasts 4 weeks. Anyone want in? I am!! 

1 comment:

Julie L said...

Hahaha - I've decided I absolutely have to get back on the plan again, beginning today, too. Amazing what six weeks of a healthy life style can do, and one week without can undo!