Monday, October 5, 2015

Grammie

Bitter sweet to think that it's been one month since my Grammie has passed away. It was a long and emotional week when I learned of her fall and then spent several hours a day at the hospital by her side, holding her hand and not wanting this life for her to end. Although, I knew it was time. She had lived a glorious 96 years and I was able to be with her for 37 of it. I am so grateful that she was blessed with health to keep her here that long. I know it was a blessing from God. I miss her deeply still. And like the words to the song, In the Phantom of the Opera, Think of Me, there will never be a day when I won't think of you.

When Mike's Grandpa passed away, a cousin did a slide show at the viewing of photos of Grandpa. I wanted the same memory of Grammie. So we looked through all of her photo books (LOTS of them!) and scanned pictures, found pictures, emailed pictures and then put it to music.

Here are a couple of my favorite.


My Aunt Jill suddenly had a lot of pressure on her. She had lots to do. I suggested to have each of the grandchildren share a memory or poem of Grandma. And that is what we did.

Cousin Laura gave a beautiful history of Grandma and then one by one we shared our hearts and love of Grandma. I was asked to read this poem. It was one of Grama's favorites. I agree she had lots of miles to go before she slept.


The morning of the funeral, it was rainy but the sunshine was trying to poke through. I couldn't help but think of it as Grandma behind the clouds wanting the sunshine to come out for her gathering. Even Aunt Anne said I knew that the rain would stop and clear for us to remember Margaret. It was a beautiful day.



And some random pictures I took with my phone. Sorry Jill I know you don't like to look at the caskets but I wanted to remember how beautiful it looked with the gorgeous flowers.

Lilly and cousin Elle they are just a week apart and the cutest!





Cousin Chris gave the dedicatory prayer and then we went to the church for a delicious luncheon.

Here are 1/2 of Grammie's Great Grand's. Some live in MD, some went to school.

Here are 3 of Grandma's 4 sisters that were at the funeral. Aunt Anne, Maxine, and Penny. LOVE these women with all my heart.

And then we took a cousin picture. Just missing Gabe who was in town but left before the funeral happened.



Here is a video Mike put together. It was my idea, but he did it! Thanks Mike you are amazing and this will be one of my favorite things to watch as I miss and always remember Grammie.

So much more I could write about her passing but my heart is still full and very tender. We have been cleaning out her home and taking some of our own treasures. I have been adding them in my home and am grateful I get little pieces of Grama to remind me of her. May her peace be with me always. 

No comments: