Mike's 40th snuck up on us. I asked Julie to send me some photos of Mike and she emailed me these. WOW! Love the similarities I see in my son. Esp the long hair. Just that morning, I asked Jack what are we going to do with your hair, and he said I like it long. So did Mike. He said however, he didn't ask for it to be long, but that his mom cut his hair.




The kids gave Mike this card for his birthday. He didn't have any presents as his birthday present was a trip to Chicago with Bill and Dan. The Cub's tickets were more than enough! $$$

Mike went to work, kids were so excited to party for his birthday, Brent and Julie and Edna wanted to go to dinner with us, Mike wanted to do something fun. We tried out a new bowling alley in Riverton. It was a lot of fun. We got pizza and root beer and bowled. Lilly loved every minute of it. I believe it was her first time. I even had the bumpers and scored even with Maddy! Mike whooped us as usual. I guess that's ok, it's his 40th after all!
Look at the matching shoes! We paid $30 for an hour which was just about one game with 6 people.






Loved the bowling alley, It also had an arcade and a party room. We will definitely go back, Lilly is asking already to go back when it's her birthday (she also asks if it's her birthday almost every day). It was clean, and the people were so nice.
We came home and had cake and ice cream and had lots of extra cake! This one made a ton but was yummy. Coconut cake. He didn't tell me what he wanted so I made what I thought sounded good.

He figured out the trick candles and the banner didn't catch on fire just the cake it seems!



and a couple more photo's from the camera
The next day, it is Karsyn's birthday and then the following is Grandpa Loveridge's. We celebrated with lots of cake for both. For Grandpa we let go balloons at the cemetery and then headed to chuck a rama to celebrate. Here's our crazy cousins that we can't get enough of.

After dinner, we did a quick change of clothes and curled hair and sucked in our gut from eating so much and Julie took our photos. We tried to beat the sun going down! Love this location. The fence and the bridge in the back ground. She was also able to get this edited to order my $4.99 Christmas cards from Costco!!
HBD Mike. You make 40 look like a piece of cake.
Although he is starting to "feel" his age...but really I think it is just his marathon training that is getting to him. He ran 20 miles yesterday, and today is walking like an old man. I do like to remind him that he is older and wiser than me. I think he makes 40 look so good. Love this man of mine!

No comments:
Post a Comment