After (it seems) years of fasting, prayer and interviews we will be staying in Boise, Mike has accepted a local job with dotcomsecrets and will start in 2 weeks. We moved up here believe it or not 4 years ago this month and have loved living in the Treasure Valley. They say Boise is the City of Trees although I am not sure why because I've seen other cities with more trees then Boise has but alas we'll be staying here. I am happy but a part of me is also sad; we had been praying and praying for a job to bring us back in Utah to get us closer to our families. But after a year with no job in Utah, we thought maybe we were praying for the wrong thing so we changed the prayer to find a job wherever the Lord needed us. Ya, that was scary when job after job kept opening up in Minneapolis. I can't imagine being that far away and the weather being that cold, it was -36' last month! So x marks the spot and Boise must be where we are needed. I am also very happy to be here. We love our house, the community, our ward and neighbors, our yard and all that life has brought us since we've been in Boise (2 kiddos and much happiness). Boise is home for us and I am so happy to be able to say that. Goodbye Del Monte foods, I will miss the free tomatoes, pineapple, beans, ketchup, tuna and anything else in the store. I will miss the comfort a big name brings but welcome dotcomsecrets and my husbands happiness while working!
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
X marks the spot
After (it seems) years of fasting, prayer and interviews we will be staying in Boise, Mike has accepted a local job with dotcomsecrets and will start in 2 weeks. We moved up here believe it or not 4 years ago this month and have loved living in the Treasure Valley. They say Boise is the City of Trees although I am not sure why because I've seen other cities with more trees then Boise has but alas we'll be staying here. I am happy but a part of me is also sad; we had been praying and praying for a job to bring us back in Utah to get us closer to our families. But after a year with no job in Utah, we thought maybe we were praying for the wrong thing so we changed the prayer to find a job wherever the Lord needed us. Ya, that was scary when job after job kept opening up in Minneapolis. I can't imagine being that far away and the weather being that cold, it was -36' last month! So x marks the spot and Boise must be where we are needed. I am also very happy to be here. We love our house, the community, our ward and neighbors, our yard and all that life has brought us since we've been in Boise (2 kiddos and much happiness). Boise is home for us and I am so happy to be able to say that. Goodbye Del Monte foods, I will miss the free tomatoes, pineapple, beans, ketchup, tuna and anything else in the store. I will miss the comfort a big name brings but welcome dotcomsecrets and my husbands happiness while working!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Yay, you really do seem to enjoy Boise, and by our conversation dotcomsecrets sounds like it has great opportunities for Mike. Hopefully I can come visit Boise soon, and see you and your nice home. I hope that you feel at peace now that you have your answer!
Hip Hip Hooray! I'm so glad you'll be staying here! It seems like all of my friends keep moving...so I'm really glad you guys are staying in Boise. Congrats to Mike on the new job!
Well, I wish you were moving to Utah, but Boise is better than Minneapolis. Congrats Mike on the new job. What will you be doing for dotcomsecrets?
CONGRATULATIONS!! Boise is a lot closer to family than Minneapolis is. That is a Blessing!!Im glad that your happy about staying.
We're glad you're staying around and we hope Mike likes his new job. It sounds secretive?! :)
What was Mike doing until he got the dotcomsecrets job?
Congrats on the new job and figuring out that you'll be staying in Boise for a while. It's a nice feeling I'm sure!! :)
Congrats!!!! It sounds like you are really wanting to stay there. However, this means that you will need to visit us more here in Utah.
Sorry Kinzee, that wasn't Bill that posted, it was me. I was logged in as him. Oops!! :)
Post a Comment