Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Jack!

Happy 2nd Birthday Jack!! Today was a great day (except the weather could have been warmer:), Jack woke up and found his two Mylar balloons that were outside his door, then he went to the stairs and found more balloons. He pulled Mike's hand and said "balloons" and off they went to play with them. We played outside at a DeMeyer Park until it started to rain on us and came home. Just before dinner was done I pulled out his presents and he could hardly wait, several had arrived all week but we saved them all for today. He was ripping the paper while I wasn't watching. After dinner he had his fill of presents, even Maddy got to open most of 'em. Jack first opened the t-ball and didn't want to anything to do with anything else. By the end of the night, all the presents were opened and he had a blast playing with everything. Pongo the Dalmatian dog was from Del Monte--and bigger then Jack. They both had fun bouncing on him as if he were a horse or kangaroo.

After a while we were hungry to eat cake and icecream. Jack loved us singing to him (video to follow) and wanted to do it again. So we re-lite the candles 3 or 4 times and he had a blast, Maddy however wanted to eat the cake. She helped me decorate the cakes today and we had so much fun!!



Jack telling me that he is 2 years old. Still working on getting 2 fingers held up.

I had so much fun making this cake, although I couldn't sleep last night I was thinking about it and then when I finally fell asleep I dreamt about it. BUT it turned out better then expected. Thanks Michelle and Charise for helping me with ideas.


Since Jack is only 2, it's not hard to reminisce the past 2 years.

Jacks 1st birthday, didn't take him long to smear cake all over his face.


Jack's birth-minutes old




I went to St Luke's hospital Saturday morning at 7am to be induced with Jack. When Dr West first checked me I was already dilated to a 4(on Monday I wasn't even a 1) He said if I hadn't been induced most likely I would have gone that day anyways . So he broke my water and started the pit (not sure how to spell it). I dilated very quickly and Jack was born at 10:51am, weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and 21 inches tall.
To end the day, we read new Thomas the Train books--he loves Thomas and Jack fell asleep in my arms--he had so much excitement he couldn't stay awake any longer. What an awesome 2nd Birthday!

12 comments:

Lyf2.0 said...

How can you even eat that train? It's a work of art! Bellissimo!

Emma said...

OK, that song is such a tear-jerker for me. It is what we used for Eliza's story. I loved it. Thanks for sharing. Happy second birthday Jack! Emma

Laura said...

Happy birthday Jack, what a sweetheart! I love the cake and am sooo impressed you made it. Talk about talent! I'm glad you all had a wonderful day.

Tennille said...

Loved the Thomas cake! Isn't it funny how much a cake can consume us? It sounds like it was the "perfect" birthday. I loved how you reflected back in time. It's good to do that. Someday we won't remember most of what happened during these early years. THanks for sharing!

Julie L said...

What an awesome day you created for your little guy! Start to finish his day, for sure. (But Maddy looks like she was having just as great a time, too!) Missed being with you.

ReeSe said...

Nice work on the cake! It turned out awesome. Sounds like Jack had a great day. Happy Birthday Jack!

Brian and Tonya said...

Happy Birthday Jack!!! What a cute cake. Wish we could have been there. We'll have to find some time this summer to come up and visit.

Michelle Price said...

The cake turned out awesome! Happy birthday Jack!

Kristy said...

LOVE THE CAKE....Happy Birthday Jack!! Wow....you had an easy delivery!! Im hoping my second goes better with my first (no, im not pregnant...) lol. Im just saying.. :0)

Hayley said...

how fun! Can't believe he's 2 already!

Lynsi said...

Happy B-day Jack. Did you seriously make that cake! It's awesome your a supermom.

staci said...

High five on the cake Kinzee!! NICE JOB!! I am so impressed! I need to find out how to make that. Tyler would LOVE to have a cake like that! Awesome! Looks like Jack had a fabulous 2nd birthday! You are such a cute mom!!