July 3rd, marks the date my mom passed away 23 years ago. I can't believe it has been that many years but then again it feels like forever. Just wanted to reminisce a little on my memories of my mom. A lot of my memories are from stories I have heard and from reading my mom's journal. Here's my plug to writing in a journal it really is for your children to read! As I was reading the journal last night, tears sprang to my eyes to realize how young we were as children and how young my mom was. My mom was 30, Chad was 6 months old, Brody 17 months and I was 3 1/2(about the same age as Maddy) when she was diagnosed with leukemia and admitted into the hospital for a month. I read about her struggles, the pain, the sorrow, the many friends and family that visited who offered prayers and blessings but how her faith never failed and her testimony was strengthened. She said she felt promptings that something was going to change about a year before the diagnose but she felt it was going to be loosing one of us kids.
While I wouldn't trade the world to have you hear on earth Mom, I am grateful for the person I have become. When ever I need to feel your spirit, you are always there and I know you are watching over us and protecting us along the way. Probably wanting to kick Brody and Chad and my behind a lot but you love us and leaving us and dad was the hardest thing you had to do. I love you and miss you. Thinking of you especially today.
While I wouldn't trade the world to have you hear on earth Mom, I am grateful for the person I have become. When ever I need to feel your spirit, you are always there and I know you are watching over us and protecting us along the way. Probably wanting to kick Brody and Chad and my behind a lot but you love us and leaving us and dad was the hardest thing you had to do. I love you and miss you. Thinking of you especially today.

14 comments:
Big hugs to you friend. I see so much of your Mom in you, and so much of you in Maddie. I am sure she is very proud of the amazing woman you have become.
Big hugs from me too! Your mom has always sounded like such a great woman. Your strength amazes me. Even though I never knew her, you seem so much alike. She was beautiful inside and out and I think that you inherited it all. I am sure that it will be a beautiful day when you get to see her again. I love you Kinz!
That was such a beautiful tribute to your mom. Thank you for sharing some of your memories. It was a very nice pause in my crazy day.
How sweet. Those are great pictures.
One day I hope I live good enough to be able to know your Mom. I just feel really blessed to get to share you with her. I think you're awesome. My heart's with you today, and I send my hugs too.
I never realized how much you look like your Mom! And Maddie looks just like you!
I've been thinking about you and your mom today. I hope you are doing ok. I love ya cuz!
Wow, your mom is beuatiful.....I love her dark hair. I can see where you get yours. That was a real tear jerker because we are 30 years old too and I couldn't imagine leaving my kids right now....
I'm sure your mom is proud of the person you've become through your experiences and she's been there every step of the way. Days like this are bitter-sweet. I'm so glad that you have her journal to remember her. You and Maddie look just like her one generation later.
Your mom was so beautiful, you look a lot like her. She sound like she was an amazing person. That is so great that she left a journal so you can read about her life.
you look a lot like your mom!! Very pretty!! Your baby picture looks just like Maddie. Thanks for the inspiration to start writing in my Journal. I have been totally slacking!!
Crazy as it sounds, I miss your mom too.
That was so sweet!! Your mom was beautiful!
Such a nice tribute to your mom. I know it has been hard for you not having her here with you. Especially going through things like getting married and having babies. You are one of the strongest people I know. I know your mom must be so proud of you and all you have accomplished and I know she has been right there with you all the way. What a sweet reunion it will be with her someday. I know you must look forward to that. :) Sending out a big hug your way!! Love ya!
Post a Comment