If you haven't read Patience Pays Off 1, scroll down and read that first!
So guess I was bragging to much while little potty champ was napping yesterday. Here's how yesterday afternoon laid out. Guess I needed some humbling.
2:00 Mike called from the dentist. His crown that he had put on in February from eating a Valentines conversation heart wasn't repairable. He needed to have a bridge which meant pulling his tooth and waiting 2 months for it to heal and then he would have a $1200 bridge put on. YIKES!! SO much for the money I was saving for the front yard. 2-3 hours later he was back at work and I'm sure so excited to be there.
3:00 Lexi woke up dry! Yay, we were late and the kids were home before we even headed out the door from school to pick them up at the bus. Quick snack and playing make the kids play nice with each other. Maddy was on one yesterday. I was online trying to figure out what to make for dinner with a quart of cream I bought for Mike's bday to make ice cream and never did. 4:00 Suddenly in the kitchen I hear a down pour of something liquid. Lexi decided she wanted a glass of milk. Didn't know she could open the fridge. She put the cup on the chair and just kept pouring. Luckily the milk was almost gone although that meant no milk in the house! So I'm cleaning up the milk, oh and did I mention the laundry was done and all clean for the day and now I have several milk rags and if those aren't cleaned pronto you get this smell...Lexi ran upstairs. 4:30 I found Lexi in Maddy's closet with a bottle of baby powder and a wipe. She was going to clean up her poopy underwear. YEP, I did just a little too much bragging that afternoon. Bath, clorox clean up, garbage taken out and I'm a little bit frustrated. Just a little bit.
5:00 Mike texts me. Soft food for dinner, no rice and nothing that'll get stuck in my missing tooth. So much for taco's (hard shell) that I was getting ready to fix for dinner. Now what for dinner, if you can guess the milk is gone just about everything else is also. I decide to cook soup and send Jack out to the garden to pick potatoes and carrots. They are boiling and I'm ready to use the cream instead of milk for the soup. Oh no, it's rancid! And never been opened. Errr, do you know how much cream costs these days??? I had just enough milk that was in the cup that Lexi poured to make soup with chicken broth and veggies. Last minute dinner but it was delicious.
6:00 Dinner. 6:15 Lexi's done and I tell her to go wash her hands. I decide while she's in there she better go potty too. Guess washing her hands in the warm water made her decide to do something else. Oh well. Goes well with my day.
7:00 Take Lexi potty again and she snuggles with Daddy on the couch. Geez, now she'll relax and be calm! I'm outta here and off to mutual and then do a late night grocery visit!
10:00 Mike is finally eating dinner. Swelling gone down and he is hungry. Grocery's put away and off to bed. Maybe tomorrow will be better for us all! Not sure whose day was crappier, Mike or Makinzee's!
5 comments:
I swear.. when it rains.. it does indeed pour!
I have cleaned up milk and baby powder before.. and I know first hand how awful they are to clean up! :(
Always know in the future... my house is open for grabs of ANYTHING. I borrowed from you before... and you are always welcome here.
Grateful for you -- for the mutual escape.
Brutal!! I hope your weekend is nice and relaxing for you!!
Oh WOW! I am so glad you survived! Gotta love doozie days. Now you have me wanting some homemade soup!
Gotta love those terrible,no good, very bad days. So sorry friend! Hope Miss Lexi is getting the hang of the potty training thing by now. Too bad for Mike & his teeth too. NO FUN!
Maybe Kevin should've looked a bit more into the field of dentistry- $1200!! Unexpected expenses are NO fun.
P.S. I do cry over spilled milk- it's amazing the mess a glass 1/4" full can make.
Hope you're off to the start of a better week! :)
Post a Comment