My sweet darling two year old has been such a trooper this last week. I threw away the diapers and put on my patience hat and we are going potty about every 45 minutes if not more! Mike was so frustrated. He had to clean up, 2 nights in a row. He wanted to know why she wasn't wearing diapers. He's forgotten diapers/pull ups etc don't work! You have to throw them away. Lexi was doing great staying dry and going pee lots! But we still were working on the hard one.
All Lexi wants to do is play with Abbey. So I bribed her, you can play with Abbey if you go poop in the potty. All week long I worked and worked to get her to do it so we'd both make our goal. I felt so guilty dropping off my child who hadn't gone you know what in two days to Abbey's house. SO I delivered an apple pie Carmel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory to say I was sorry and good luck. The whole time I was gone having my pampered makeover I felt guilty that Kami might be cleaning up after MY child. Guess what, she did fabulous and had no accidents. And that night! Success!! She's been waking up dry and is so proud of herself also.
Yesterday was a break through after holding you know what for 2.5 days (again) it was time. We camped out all day in the bathroom, we watched movies, we read books, we even ate and drank while on the potty. The door bell rang and she scampered away. I was chit chattering at the door and saw her run to go to the potty. She sat down and R.E.L.I.E.F. (esp after 2.5 days). She had 4 trips last night and has finally got it!
She is so proud and says she's a big girl. I'm so proud and wow my budget just got lightened. Way to go Lexi Lou!

4 comments:
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know first hand how much patience this does entail.. and you did it! Congrats mommy!!!!
Too cute that she and Abby love each other so much. :)
Kudos to Lexi and to you! I don't love potty training but I totally agree that the only way to do it is to toss the diapers and start potty boot camp. Makes for an exhausting week or two but it works. Yay for no more diapers!
Terrific! So proud of her for making that big step into being a pre-schooler instead of a toddler. And congrats to you for sticking it out!
Yay congrats to both of you and way to go Lexi!!! That is so nice to be done with diapers!!
Post a Comment