Jack's official birthday was on Sunday so we decided to do a little celebrating on Saturday. We bought a pass of all passes and the weather was warmish so did our morning chores and then trekked down to Trafalga. Apparently we weren't the only ones wanting to play and enjoy some of the sunshine. The place was PACKED!! But I've heard that is how Trafalga always is. The kids loved the mini-Disneyland rides and didn't want to leave. We only convinced them 4 hours later because we were all hungry and popcorn wasn't going to fill any of us up.
On a side note, the line to get our official pass was super long so we got our hands stamped and still need to redeem our official pass. I got a killer deal and only paid $9.99 for a pass of all passes that will entertain us all year long.
Here are some of the pictures of the birthday boy and his sisters at Trafalga.
Good thing this was on automatic pilot because no one is driving the plane!!
Mini Golf
Lilly and I took off and did a little shopping while the kids played and Mike waited in a forever rock climbing wall line. They loved every minute of our Trafalga adventure and were so happy to know that we get to go back again. One day!
Sunday morning, Jack opened one gift. This boy (and Dad) are obsessed with these birds. So much that the night before Mike forgot to come to bed, I threatened and not sure who is more sad that the app has been deleted.
Here he is after church playing that wicked game.
Jack and Maddy helped me decorate the cake. It's a space ship and our alien twinkee friend is in the cock pit, ready for take off. Gum balls line the top...you'll notice later that Jack had several in his mouth when he was opening gifts.
Jacks request for dinner was Dad's rolls. Yep, Mike makes the rolls at our house. I had a turkey in the freezer that was hogging all the space so we had a mini thanksgiving type meal for Jacks birthday. It was delish and no one seemed to mind we skipped pie!
Here Jack is ready for take off!
He did get all 6 candles out the first time.
The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time we had 2 candles that were tricky and kept re-lighting.
Jack didn't seem to mind, he is loving all the wishes he is getting!
Finally it was time for presents, he was very patient and looked at them all day. Notice a mouthful!
Some of his favorites. A remote control mud truck from G&G L. Very calm present compared to some that are coming.
Nerf Gun and darts. He also got a bat mobile, water guns, hopscotch, Monopoly Jr and clothes.
Hmm, now what. Jake and Alex got Jack a FROG! And he is a BIG frog, A pacman frog. Jack named him Luigi. He eats crickets and is pretty good to just sit in his cage and chill. My kind of pet! We are offically pet owners now. Watch out Jake and Alex when your baby boy is born in 4 weeks, payback!!
And then Grampa got Jack a bee bee gun or is it BB? IDK! Deer in the headlights with excitement! This present might just have to go up to the Ranch to Grampa's house.
And Uncle Brody had several funny glasses that he gave Jack. Goofy boy had a great day and an awesome birthday. He gave a talk in Primary that day and then got sung to at school the following day. We went for his well check on Tuesday and then celebrated at McDonald's for lunch. He was so proud when he told another little girl that he was 6! Yay for being another year older!
Stats:
height: 45 in 41%
weight: 44 lb 40%
BMI: 48%
(Doctor wasn't worried about jack's BMI like she was with Lexi's (ok Lexi's was 96%)
Happy Birthday Jack Jack!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Jack!
I'm excited to (hopefully) spend lots of time at Raging Waters, Trafalga, etc... with friends!
Yay for $9.99 deal- that's hard to beat.
Ooh. Trafalga looks/sounds fun! I might have to check it out. :) Silas LOVES angry birds too. Just seconds ago he begged me to make up a lullabye about it.... didn't happen. Ha!
Cute cake! I always love to see what youcome up with in the cake department. I don't get Angry Birds. I played for one day and then realized it was horribly boring but it sure does pull people in. My kids don't even play anymore but they still want every AB stuffed toy and t-shirt out there. Wish I would have invented that game.
Sorry I missed these posts. You got some great pictures! Jack is amazingly ALL boy! Through and through, inside and out! I don't think he's complaining one bit about his birthday this year. You always make them special.
Post a Comment