Yep, I took my 10 week old baby to the movie. Not really a fan of movies with baby's but she did great! She slept the whole time. Lexi did great until the treats I snuck in ran out but luckily that was about the same time that the movie ended. We came home and had ice cream.
Mike and Jack on the other hand were attempting to set up the tent in the wind. It was a super windy weekend everywhere but really windy in the flats around Grantsville "Reservoir" (really just an irrigation pond with a campground nearby). The wind blew down at least 5 different tents, breaking the poles and rendering them useless, but Mike was lucky to avoid that tragedy. The one benefit to all that wind was that the mosquitoes didn't want to risk being blown away either, so they weren't biting. Mike & Jack survived the weekend without bug spray and not a single bite. In the morning, the winds had calmed down and it turned into a nice day. Mike wisely brought the baseball gloves and a ball, so they played a lot of catch and Jack loved it. He has improved so much since last year. Good thing, T-Ball starts next week!
Lexi was sad that her BFF Abby wasn't coming to the movies with us. She didn't understand the "girls weekend" and just wanted to play with her friend. I guess technically Abby is a girl and she just wanted her fav girl to join us. On the other hand, Maddy loved the girls weekend. Not sure she really remembers 3 years ago when Jack and Mike went to the Fathers/Sons campout and we did a movie weekend except 3 years ago Lexi was the tiny baby and we saw the movie Up and then had a sleepover in mom's room. I decided having 4 girls in one room would just be a sleepless night for mom. So we pulled out Maddy's mattress in the loft and the girls slept here. Well kindof...at 11pm Lexi was still bouncing of the walls, so Maddy slept here, Lexi in her room and then Lilly and I in my room.
Saturday morning the boys woke up to someone cooking them breakfast (breakfast burritos) so I decided the girls needed someone to cook us breakfast too. We headed to Village Inn for breakfast. Lexi had a funny face pancake with blueberry eyes, banana nose, a bacon smile and scrambled eggs hair. Maddy had french toast dunkers and I had an omelet. We left breakfast and headed to the YW garage sale to see if we could find any keepers. No luck except Lexi kept finding all the stuff that I donated to the sale and wanted to take it home. Luckily we made it out without bringing it back! However, they scored at the sale and earned $930 for camp. Apparently I need to keep my junk instead of taking it to the DI and sale it! Just as we left the garage sale, Mike called to say they were home. He was a little jealous of all the fun and the money I spent to have fun. He said all he did was buy a tank of gas to get to Granstville. LOL. Really it was just the movie I paid for. I had a coupon for breakfast. But either way the weekend was a success whether you were a girl or a boy!

5 comments:
The best thing about Father/Son camput is that you can have a Girls Weekend without even going anywhere. Kudos to you for keeping Girls Night alive even with a newborn.
Oh and I meant to say that the pic of Jack is awfully cute!
I love Father's son weekends. Good idea to not all sleep in the same room!
What a fun weekend. It makes me think I need a daughter so I have somebody to hang out with during fathers/sons activities.
Such a fun weekend! I am so impressed with your bravery in going to the movie with the baby. Looks like everyone had a great time all around.
The picture of the sunset is quite amazing. Love the smiles in all the photos.
Post a Comment