Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Park City

The last day we headed to Park City to shop, eat and ride the slides. On the way 3 of my 4 kids fell asleep, so I was bad, and shopped -while the car was running - and the kids were sleeping. I got some great shopping done, hit lots of great deals and the kids got naps in the mean time.

We played, played, played all week and they were so tired.

Mike, Dad and Tif met us in Park City for dinner. We ate at Panda Express and then headed to Park City Resort to do the Alpine Slides. Can't even tell you how long it has been since I have done the slides. It's so big and they have so many activities up there now not just the slide like I remember. Alex and Emma did the coaster but we opted for the slide just because it was what we remembered. Unfortunately we didn't have time to do another, we got to the top 15 minutes before the mountain closed.

Here's me and 3 goofy kiddos. Lilly was in her usual spot the stroller asleep. Good thing because infants are not allowed on the slide or the chair lift (thank goodness for that!)

Ya, taking pictures with this bunch is usually comical!




Here we are loading the ski lift. Did I tell you these scare me! Lexi got a little scared too but I held on to her the whole way up just to make sure neither of us fell off!


Once up on top of the mountain we loaded the slide, got our instructions and the boys were off and then Maddy panicked. She had to go by herself, only 2 people are allowed on each slide. The nice lady told Maddy she could go as slow as she'd like or she was welcome to wait 15 minutes for the mountain to close and go down with her. Lexi and I switched tracks and rode very very very slowly down the mountain.

During this post, blogger has decided once again I am at my max for photos and won't allow me to upload any more. So imagine a picture with me and Lexi and Maddy in front going slowly down the slide. Mike and Jack waited at the bottom for about 10 minutes for us! But Maddy was brave and we made it down the mountain--it was a scenic view I guess. And then we waited for Alex and Emma to get off the coaster. They got stuck somewhere along the way. It looked super fun too--we need to get back to Park City and try it out!

Wednesday night/Thursday morning was bad. Maddy woke up and threw up in the middle of the night, Mike and I slept by Lexi who talks and cries in her sleep and woke up the baby who also didn't sleep well while we were away. Still not sure what caused Maddy to throw up, maybe dinner. She was fine by morning and didn't complain about being sick until 3 days later when her and Jack had high fevers and didn't want to eat anything. Lexi had it 2 days earlier, the same day we got home from Zermott. It was a whirlwind flu about 36 hours of no fun for anyone. Luckily Lilly stayed healthy and now we are also!

Summer is winding down. School starts in 3 weeks from today:( Still need to have more fun before then! 

3 comments:

Cam said...

I totally have the same anxiety about the chairlifts- I think taking kids on the "Skyride" @ Lagoon makes it the scariest attraction in the park!
Will have to take the kids on the Alpine slide sometime, did Maddy end up liking it?
I'm bummed summer is winding down too! But it looks like it's been a good one.

Julie L said...

It's been five years since we've been down the slide. We went up there the weekend we got our new car that isn't new anymore. Fun times for all of you!

Seth and Julie said...

I load all my pics to photobucket and then copy the link to blogger so I can load as many pics as I want per post...just in case you are looking for a way to avoid bloggers rules. We went up and did the slides while we were in town too and they are always fun but we tried the coaster too and it was even more fun. Sorry about the vacay pukes. We have had a little bit of that this trip too and it is a drag.